free website stats program New HD Touring seat ? | Harley Davidson Forums

New HD Touring seat ?

pahdrider

Anyone heard about the new 2010 Ultra having a new lower seat or replacement seat? Apparently HD has come out with a new factory lower seat that has the word "LOW" stamped on the underside of it. Looking for some input on comfort and how much lower it actually sits.

:newsmile011:

I hear they were offered by mo/co in 09 for a short time for 149.00. cause 09 seats were taller now there 350.00 w/10 stamp on them. lower edges help shoes touch down.

Looking at the pictures, it looks like the pillion portion was lowered...wonder how much the rider position changed though.

Anyone heard about the new 2010 Ultra having a new lower seat or replacement seat? Apparently HD has come out with a new factory lower seat that has the word "LOW" stamped on the underside of it. Looking for some input on comfort and how much lower it actually sits.

:newsmile011:

I put one on my Ultra 3 days ago, only have 100 miles on it. The new seat lowers you about an inch, the nose is narrower so your legs aren't spread when feet-down. It's got a more consistent feeling foam than the OEM '10 seat and is a bit cushier. The jury is out on how the foam will compress over time. If it conforms to my butt in 1000 miles or so I think I'll be real happy.

I had Mean City Cycles do a double-decker conversion to my original seat with stiff memory foam on the bottom layer and softer foam on top. I was extremely pleased with the seating position and improvement in comfort. The new 'low' seat is about the same seating position as the mod. Only reason I bought the new seat is curiosity and the fact that I just can't pass up a sale. The new seat is $154 list until sometime in April. Chicago H-D is selling it for $123 + shipping and having trouble keeping it in stock, Zanotti's is getting $130 + shipping.

Anybody with a stock '09 or '10 el-crappo seat ought to jump all over this before the price goes up!

Although the .pdf indicates there's also a new strap and backrest they're a useless expendature, IMO. The old strap fits fine and the only change in the backrest is the top is smooth instead of the slight pleating. New seat looks fine with both.

TL

I had mean city redo my stock seat on my 05 EGC, with moreo foam on the passenger and set back ,75" on the seat and , narrowered the front and I love it. the cost was $106.00:newsmile093::swoon

TL, you put any more miles on that new seat? I just bought one from Zanotti's for a great price. Can't figure why its so much cheaper than the regular seat. Going to try it on 08 Ultra when it comes in.

I got a new low seat last week, I had mean city redo my old 09 seat, I haven't had much of a chance to ride with the new seat, but the positioning is very much like what allen did to my old one, so far I like it, have a few rides coming up so I will see how comfortable it is compared to the memory foam.

It is a huge difference over the stock seat, I still have a stock one and compared those two.

I got the new seat and put about 250 miles on it. The seat is definitely narrower at the tank. It feels like there is much less seat to sit on as a result. After putting the original 09 seat back on, I was much more comfortable. My plan was to determine which was the most comfortable and send it to Mean City Cycles for the double memory foam job. While the seat is away for the work, I will now have a spare to keep me on the road.

Back