free website stats program New Harley Blackline....yawn | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Harley Blackline....yawn

I've ridden my dads heritage springer and it feels the same to me. It's basically the looks, to me there isn't a better front end than a springer. I suppose it's the whole old school thing and I guess I get that from my dad.

I just got the BL and I love it. Upgraded from a Sporty 1200. Yes, I'm the younger demographic HD is targeting...someone needs to carry on the HD legacy. It's too amazing to die with the generations that made it.

103 cubic inches and 6 gears is plenty. I put some Rinehart crossbacks on it. Waiting for the Power Commander to come out. Bought the bike in Sturgis this year and I'm looking forward to taking it back next year.

Great bike. Great value. Great Brand.

The Blackline doesn't surprise me a bit. It saddens me, it just doesn't surprise me.

It seems that buyers constantly seek "new" things. Even if that means just offering new colors. Looking at the basics of the bike, it's just a softie version of a Super Glide.

As a young man I bought the then new 1971 Super Glide. And the idea, the execution and the 'hype' of that bike is the same advertising ploy behind all of the "dark customs" offered today.

Like any other product from yachts to Dixie Cups, if you like it, then buy it. But buy it because it fits your personal needs. Not because it looks good in a brochure.

Just thought as an owner of one of these i would offer my unimportant opinion.
I love it. I am long in the arm so the reach for the bars is very comfortable to me. I would rather ride than shine the bike so the lack of chrome is a plus, as i am too busy do both (i work long hours).

And i like the simple look of it. No gas mounted speedo, laced wheels, etc. I admit its not for everyone, but it is for me hence i bought one.

My two cents.

'Bear, that was my point. Buy the bike that fits your needs and enhances your life.

My '04 Dyna is a full custom, suspension, motor and chrome. So what am I riding the most?

Well, I just wore out a rear tire and both rear shocks on my 2010 "48" Sportster. I can't stay off of the thing. I've heard every snide comment about 'girlie bikes,' but I have a big smile...

I think HD took cue a from the "rat rod" car craz. Lo-maint, drive it as it is.
It wasn't that long ago HD advertised bikes that were "dripping in chrome", remember?
To each his own, you like it? Buy it.
wilks3
:USA

Low maintenance is a true story.

When I get back from a ride, all my 48 requires is a damp sponge, Bug Slide and a micro-fiber cloth. Sometimes the pipes get Windex. This idea has its charm.

HD is definately marketing to the younger rider these days. the average age of a Harley owner is well over 40 now.......if they don't market to the 20 and 30 somethings they will be out of business in 15 years!!!!!!:shock

I just double checked........the average age of a Harley owner in 2010 was 45! Absolutely the reason HD is pushing the dark custom line and have so many sportster models in the 2011 lineup!!!!!!

Didn't realize that 55 years was a "time limit":22: Maybe I should go "crazy" and break that barrier :cheers by at least another 15-20 years...JMHO :bigsmiley24:

I'm 61 and I'm not getting off my Harley until "They pry it from my cold dead hands!"

Wow this thread is still going, kinda like the energizer bunny :bigsmiley24:

You can always tell how old a thread is even when scrolling up and you pass a lot of Banned or Removed accounts.

Hey what a ya know there my friend we can go on Social Security next year :cheers .

I plan to always keep my current Harley until my stepson inherits it. But I dream pretty hard of getting a Kawasaki Nomad touring bike. Uh oh everbodys gonna flame me now.

Don't get me wrong I love the HD Ultra's they are absolutely beautiful and are equiped well and sound great. But I also really like my stepson's Nomad and also some I've looked at locally. And plus I'm not real overflowing in cash right now and I can pick up a new Nomad with a Tourpak for bout 5800 less than a Ultra. And I'm ready for water cooling on a travel bike. Just don't want the worry of overheating in ANY kind of riding condition.

Now just to compare notes here.
We both served in Nam bout the same time.
We both are the same age.
We both are married to wives named Donna and the both love to ride on the back.
I afraid to say (or ask ) what the kids names are :lolrolling

Back