free website stats program New Harley Blackline....yawn | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Harley Blackline....yawn

Think I'll keep my Fat Boy, but younger folks might go for it. Ya gotta try new things sometimes if you want to survive in business. Time will tell.
Ishmael

I guess my tastes are too "old school" here, but black motif is to me a bit boring and "dare I say it...?" to much like an old "made to look NEXT GEN...", but with an industrial contrived style". The Victory...mechanically likely very sound but looks even much worse...if comparing them.:(

But really it is marketing trying to get a feel of what the new riders want...which is not a bad thing.:)

right on jack. for some reason the black rims and exhaust struck me as cheap.

Agreed......I think a front tire that is fatter with whitewalls like the highball has would be amazing on a softtail! Well.....you could always add that after the fact!

Re: Softail Blackline

I got to sit on one this past Saturday. I like it, although i found the 2 piece handlebars a little too narrow. And the gas tanks look huge with only a gas cap and no gauge or console. The chrome mixed with gloss black and copper is a nice combination imo.

Frankly...I love it. This would be an awesome 2nd scoot. As for the Victory...not so much. Just doesnt look right. But then again...Victory's never have done much for me.

Well I'm young and I would pass. It's ok, just not what I want, but I don't exactly know why. My next bike will definitely be a Fatboy or Road King, that is unless they bring back the heritage springer.

Well I'm young and I would pass. It's ok, just not what I want, but I don't exactly know why. My next bike will definitely be a Fatboy or Road King, that is unless they bring back the heritage springer.

Seeing as they plan to discontinue the cross bones softail model in 2012 you may get your wish on the heritage springer or springer softail! That is if HD plans to keep some sort of springer front end in the lineup! What is the draw to the springer front end anyway for you fans of the springer......never ridden one.

Back