free website stats program New Hampshire House bill on helmets | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Hampshire House bill on helmets

Unfortunately you dont have to be doing a 100 mph to get seriously hurt, I dont want to infringe on other peoples rights but what happens when the hospital bills exceed the policy limits who pays then other people? could a helmet help to protect and reduce the injuries?

I want Gov out of my life. I want the faceless do-gooders who justify their petty little lives by making laws, to get out of my face and out of my life. They never stop. My dad, RIP, always said..'if they can make you wear a helmet, they can make you wear an Orange helmet with a red pin-wheel on the top'. The point is,they never stop. Once they pass their laws, they're on to the next thing that bugs them. Fast food? overweight? underweight? aftershave?, Soda? make pedestrians wear a bicycle helmet because someone, somewhere, slipped on a sidewalk?.
Most will say a wearing a helmet is safer than not wearing one. This is not the point of it all. It's about GOV telling it's citizens what to do, say, think, not think, wear, eat, drink etc. There will be a violent backlash at some point. The human spirit is to live free of people telling them how to live.
In CT, I've been to several anti-helmet law rallies. I have gone to them , wearing my helmet. If we don't /won't speak up for the freedom of others, they eventually 'come for us'. It's a very slippery slope with the insurance thing. Some say that we should not have to pay for someone who went down without a helmet. How about..we should not have to pay health costs for people who eat McDonnalds, drink soda, are overweight, underweight, smoke, walk, drive, fall out of bed, slip in bathtubs,etc..Put a stop to the people who make more and more laws each and every day. Most of us are not arguing the merits of, or against a helmet. It's the ever-crushing laws that will never stop unless we stop them.
One poster mentioned laws for texting while driving and alcohol related driving, along with seatbelts and helmet. With all due respect, Apples and Oranges. I wear full face helmet all the time. My choice. I will fight for anyone's right to not wear a helmet.

i don't see the big deal, i ALWAYS wear a helmet and gloves wherever i'm at or go but i understand...to each his own...:(

Do I think helmets and seat belts save life's? Yes. Do I think they should be laws - not sure... Seems like they are trying to legislate common sense.

They just passed a law in Ohio that says if you have your wipers on, you have to have your headlights on. They have GOT to have better laws to work on than that...

Ya GHawg, they passed that wiper/headlight law in Maine too and hardly anybody does it even the cops. Why make laws if your not going to enforce them, maybe they just needed something to do, nothing better to do than take your TAX dollars:rr:mgun

Back