free website stats program New Hampshire House bill on helmets | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Hampshire House bill on helmets

Helmet or not, your choice, however if you don't wear one and end up with scrambled eggs for brains, please sign a medical release beforehand, stating that you are making this decision, and are willing to forgo the taxpayers covering the cost of keeping you in a hospital and feeding you with a tube for the rest of your life, if your actions put you there.

I would rather be DEAD than have a broken neck and be in a wheelchair the rest of my life THANK YOU. Your telling me you need a Helmet EDIT while sitting in miles of traffic at Laconia moving 10 feet per minute on a 90 degree day, I think that should be MY choise not yours or the Governments. I've been riding the roads of ME and NH for 31 years without a Helmet EDITand I'm still ALIVE, the risk is mine NOT the Governments or yours:newsmile055: LET THOSE WHO RIDE DECIDE:newsmile011: Best way I know how to fix it is to vote the BUMBs out before we can't do anything but pay taxes:newsmile093:

Last edited by a moderator:
just my thoughts they did this in the UK years ago and now riding without one you feel naked

Im with Hobbit,have tried without on rallies/private property and it doesnt feel right plus got T-boned by a jag in 08,banged head on bonnet/hood and was fine,shudder to think what might of been if not wearing lid...UK laws r not as liberal as US,mores the pity in some respect but thats life,just be careful whatever u decide.:swoon

Im with Hobbit,have tried without on rallies/private property and it doesnt feel right plus got T-boned by a jag in 08,banged head on bonnet/hood and was fine,shudder to think what might of been if not wearing lid...UK laws r not as liberal as US,mores the pity in some respect but thats life,just be careful whatever u decide.:swoon
Danny, we are loosing our freedom more and more here in the states. That is why there is outrage at some of these bills because we know it is another encroachment on our freedom. I ride with a helmet but I would defend YOUR right NOT to CHOOSE to ride with one! I think there is a natural rebellion when folks are mandated to do something that by their own volition, they wouldn't ordinarily do.. It is human nature I guess.
Been reading on the Internet that the UK has been hit with some really cold weather of late.

Rationalizing non-helmet use does not make laws go away or sway those how feel that a rider without a helmet having severe head injury as a burden to society by majority of non-riding public. Don't give the politico's an excuse to legislate our freedom of choice...talk is easy, but actions and laws advance everyday, regardless of what the minority think or do...

Danny, we are loosing our freedom more and more here in the states. That is why there is outrage at some of these bills because we know it is another encroachment on our freedom. I ride with a helmet but I would defend YOUR right NOT to CHOOSE to ride with one! I think there is a natural rebellion when folks are mandated to do something that by their own volition, they wouldn't ordinarily do.. It is human nature I guess.
Been reading on the Internet that the UK has been hit with some really cold weather of late.

horizonchaser,i can understand it must be frustrating it seems like these BILLS are coming at you guys on a regular basis:bigsmiley29:Yeah we hit with some rough weather over last couple of weeks,difference with UK and US is that UK comes to a complete standstill,never prepared for bad weather even though forecasted...:bigsmiley6:

Like the seatbelt law in Maine, more died in crashes the year the seatbelt law started than the year before w/no seatbelt law, but they made the law to save lives, YA RIGHT. there are so many laws that one man can not know them all even a judge or a lawyer but they still make new ones most everyday that cost us money and FREEDOM. VOTE THE BUMBS OUT. Ok I'm done ranting and raveing.:small3d023::small3d023::wall:wall:mgun:cheers

I don't agree with laws that protect us from ourselves, like seatbelt and helmet laws. But I do wear a helmet even when in a non helmet state.
And I do wear a seatbelt always, but the choice should be up to the individual. Look what they did to lawnmowers with the saftey items. And they make it a pain to operate them. You can't legislate common sense, but I guess they still try with their restrictive laws.

In Pa. we passed the helmet law, but I choose to wear a helmet, after going down and sliding down the road on my head I am a believer, but one day me and the wife went on a benefit ride and decided not to wear helmets, long story short, in a gravel parking lot I picked something up, about 1 mile down the road the rear tire blew, thank God I was able to keep the bike shiny side up! When I got off the bike, I thought someone was definately telling me something, since that day, we never get on without helmets. I know it is a great feeling and you look "cool", but my safety and especially my wifes safety, helmets for us. Just my 2 cents. :)

Strange........I always wear my helmet but rarely wear a seat belt in my truck. Leave it to the gov't some day to mandate seat belts for motorcycles.

Back