free website stats program new exhaust and air cleaner | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

new exhaust and air cleaner

Do yourself a favor and unless you want to go for the big bucks for a SERT with dyno pulls or T Max with auto tune , buy a TFI and do it yourself. No download needed and no dealer needed at all.

They work!

http://www.techlusion.com/

Our local dealer here had a service manager that was real good and a biker to boot , he knew bikes inside and out. Well, he left for more $$$ and they got a BMW manager there now. I asked him about a specific DTC code that was new and relevant to the 08 and his reply was "A what" ?

Don't put too much stock in what the dealers tell you. They are in business to make money and there are a lot of them that just don't know squat about the bikes dispite the "schooling" they are supposed to have.

Tilleys Harley- Davidson in Statesville,NC does it all the time. Screamin eagle A/C , Slip-ONs no remap . Opions on this is a dime a dozen. I just order these things called 02 ieds.They trick ECU. Turns fuel mixture up.:D

What is an O2 ied? Thx.

Alan

Glider--is the TFI superior to the SERF in your opinion? Equal? Do you have any horror stories about the SERF? As you know, I leaned toward TFI but my tech buddy wants to do the SERF.

Alan

Glider--is the TFI superior to the SERF in your opinion? Equal? Do you have any horror stories about the SERF? As you know, I leaned toward TFI but my tech buddy wants to do the SERF.

Alan

The SERF has 2 additional pots for crossover than the TFI. Are they necessary? I think it's a bit of overkill myself. The other units like the TFI on the market all have the 4 post where the SERF has 6.

My feelings are that if you want precise to go with the SERT. The SERF never really gained popularity.

At what point is he going to set the crossovers, is he going to dyno tune to get it right or just guess at it?

What is an O2 ied? Thx.

Alan

It is a 02 sensor Inline Enrichment Device. They sell for 80.00. Its 2 things that plug in each of the 02 sensors. Its got resitors that tell Ecu that Engine is doing something else. And it richens fuel afr.They did a test with them and a V/H Fuel pack. Bike ran cooler and had better trottle response with 02IEDS.Will richen engine up enough to put stage 1. But thats about all mods you want to do with them:D:

Just remember that the IED only enriches the mixture in cruise mode. That's where the 02 sensors come into play.

A tech at local dealer told me that the factory ECU is a lot smarter than people give it credit. I own a 04 chevy pu . I put K/N filter, Flowmaster muff and open air intake hole. You could tell by the seat of your pants. It ran better. That ECU on Harleys are made by same company.Delphi.That chevy ECU made adjustments .Tech said Harleys will to. Will it be perfect no. Will it burn motor down NO it want.

I was told that GM ECU is much smarter than HD ECU Go with the PC

I agree, O2 ied's can't possibly do the trick alone. O2 sensors only output voltage when they are hot, while cruising. Thats why someone created heated O2 sensors used in auto's. Anyway, I'm wondering if my TFI would work better with these ied's? I'm thinking my O2's might negate some of the TFI fuel trim. Also, 80 bucks/pair sure seems ripe. I may make them myself. 1000 ohms??

Back