free website stats program Never felt like that..... | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Never felt like that.....

The suggestions given about taking a firearms training course are all good one's. This may just be my opinion about having a gun for protection, but consider this. If someone tries to rob you, and you brandish a firearm and they don't take off running for the hills, they have kind of made your decision for you. And, that being said, god help you in that situation if you didn't have a weapon. Yes, there is a responsibility with all gun ownership and certainly that responsibility includes knowing how to use the gun safely and effectively. For myself, I choose to protect my home and my family from those amongst us who would recklessly do us all harm....Sad truth...there are a whole lot of really sick people out there. Be safe....

Mat all robberies are different and yet all the same. Someone wants something you have and are willing to take it by some type of force, either implied or in sight. Three against one even if you have a bat are not good odds. If a person (or persons) want something bad enough and you even think they are willing to risk jail or injury, is the something they want worth you being injured? In most areas you can find firearms safety courses and there are protection courses, but most aren't cheap. I have found that even with training most people still hesitate to use deadly force. People can talk about shooting someone that is trying to rob them, but in most cases their instincts are just not fast enough.

Man ..When I think about what if.....Well what if I had my gun and what if one of them came at me..I think the minute I arm myself in the store I know have to be willing to shoot to kill with no hesitation at all or risk getting shot with my own gun...Hay guys dont mean to make a bid deal about a gun but man its a big responsibility and commencement and I will admit Im going to do alto of thinking about this but I also feel like I can not leave myself unprotected .....Thanks

I want to thank all of you good people for all of the great comments...I will no dough be reading them again..I also have alto of respect for you guys that no all about the word defend and for that I also thank you alot..I am feeling very honored to be part of a great forum...Thank,s Mat

Sounds to me like you handled that one pretty safe, Looks like they were up to NO GOOD, better to be safe than well you know the other side of that, be careful Mat, too many out there today not willing to work rather to steal from hard working folks like you a small business owner

Man ..When I think about what if.....Well what if I had my gun and what if one of them came at me..I think the minute I arm myself in the store I know have to be willing to shoot to kill with no hesitation at all or risk getting shot with my own gun...Hay guys dont mean to make a bid deal about a gun but man its a big responsibility and commencement and I will admit Im going to do alto of thinking about this but I also feel like I can not leave myself unprotected .....Thanks

Mat your statement and thought process tells me you will be a responsible gun owner.

Handgun or no, the best part of defense is awareness and readiness. Don't refuse to believe someone is out to do badness.

If you do not have your weapon on you, it is of little value in a time of need.

If you have not accessed your weapon before trouble begins, likely as not, you will not be able to get to it in time.

Just a couple of nuggets to chew on...

Enjoy,
Rich P

Mat60

It really sounds like you had a close call, thank goodness they changed their minds about it.
I would purchase and learn to use a handgun, you just never know these days when you will have to use it. Be safe!

A person like me can have a handgun, be a good shot but I will say yesterday was the first time I though of what I may have to do some day and that still weighs heavy on me...I will say things are going to be allot different now..Thank you ALL....Mat

Back