free website stats program My white Ultra needs a make over! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

My white Ultra needs a make over!

You seem to be most worried about your fairing being too white. Why not just use accent pinstripe like you have on the rest of the bike?

That does look nice, but what do I do with the pin stripping that I already have on the bike. If they remove the pin stripping, would it have to be repainted white? Below shows some of the pin stripping.

You would not need to remove any of the stripes.If the paint is excelent {no scratches or chips} a good painter would wet sand all of your parts with 1000 grit or finer {making sure not to break through the clear} leaving all of your origonal stripes in tact.Ghost flames are then laid out in the desired areas and dusted on followed by re clearing.Again, you can choose to only lay out flames in the blank areas outside the stripes without affecting your origonal paint yet giving you a subtle custom look.

see i like it the way it is but then i am a sucker for white vehicles be it car or bike

Yeah, you are probably right. I need to think about this some more.

By the way do you like the inner fairing painted white?

Whitefairing.jpg

You seem to be most worried about your fairing being too white. Why not just use accent pinstripe like you have on the rest of the bike?

There is the same looking pin stripping on the fairing too. But the fairing has more area so it looks too blank (I guess...).

now that looks really good specially with the chrome bezels very nice shame i had no choice in the colour of mine :(.
we have a white SE in the dealer and that has some nice slive/grey touches i will get some pics as it has a fair amount done of the fairing and it looks really good but the wife prefered the Blue :(

I'd like to see those pictures. Thanks.

This winter I also plan to put chrome forks and chrome switch controls on the bike. With those upgrades and the white inner fairing, maybe that will be enough anyway.

You guys are right!

I think I finally decided. I talked to the painter today and told him I just want the inner fairing painted glacial white pearl (the color of my bike). He is going to get the paint ordered. At the same time I'm going to have the HD dealership install chrome forks and chrome hand controls. While they are doing that, they will take the inner fairing off so I can take it up to the painter. Maybe latter I will have something put on the outer fairing if I find something I really like. I hate to screw up the classy look of the bike, but I still would like something on the front to make it stand out. I just don't know what that is yet!

That makes three of us.

BTW, where are you from in South Jersey? I grew up in Penns Grove.

Last edited by a moderator:
To heck with painting the inner fairing. Do you guys know what HD paint costs???? Man, I had no idea! I just found out to do my inner fairing with glacier white pearl I would have to buy two different paints (base coat and cover coat). One was about $80 and the other was about $90. That doesn't include the clear coat. And of course there is the labor costs.

I can get a brand new inner fairing already painted from HD for about $450 with the current discount they have at the dealership. I'd rather pay a few bucks more and be sure it will match perfectly. The little money I'd save having my old one painted isn't worth the risk of it not matching well.

Back