free website stats program My white Ultra needs a make over! | Harley Davidson Forums

My white Ultra needs a make over!

Ozoneman

When I bought my 2006 white Ultra earlier this year, I liked it because you don't see a lot of white bikes. I now think I need to do something to it to make it look better. Here are the options I've thought of. Tell me what you think.

1. Make it two tone. Keep the white on part of the bike but make other parts like you see on two tone bikes from the factory.

2. Add some realistic flames on the front, gas tank, and bags. A very experienced bike painter told me that if I wanted to add to what I have (white paint with the factory silver pin stripping), I'd need to add something like realistic flames (maybe blue flames to go with the Glacier white pearl paint I already have).

3. Add some graphics to front, tank, and bags.

Any other ideas? What do you think?

Saw one painted with black spots tolook like a dairy cow once.
Wow I think it aginst some law to mess with a factory white Ultra.
I mean they look so good as they are.
Have you considered first a real good cleaning with s100 to bring back the new look to it time has away of making them look a little duller.
and maybe some thing a simple as a good air brushing on the front fraining.
Picture or subject you like .
That can bring a new look to the bike with a lot less work

Yeah, I like the white too. But my bike is too white. With the large fairing on the front it sometimes looks like a blank billboard riding down the road.:newsmile090:

---------- Ozoneman edit/added post 35 minutes and 54 seconds later ----------

i think its me i do not like the real flame look this is more me

Custom Motorcycle Paint by Bud Henley (Henley's Kustom Painting)

or this

but there is some stunning paint work there like the 2tone tribal towards the bottom

Maybe I could just keep my bike white and put something like this on the front fairing.

At this point I'm half serious, but if I could put something on the fairing, that would help out with the too white thing I have with my bike.

Last edited:
I like the white pearl bikes.The true flames over the factory stripes just wouldn't look proffesional imo.Perhaps a ghost flame in a silver pearl?Not silver paint, but a straight pearl dillueghted with clear base. A traditional flame job staying within the factory pinstriping but very faint,similar to the smoke in your skull scheme.

Just an idea.

I like the white pearl bikes.The true flames over the factory stripes just wouldn't look proffesional imo.Perhaps a ghost flame in a silver pearl?Not silver paint, but a straight pearl dillueghted with clear base. A traditional flame job staying within the factory pinstriping but very faint,similar to the smoke in your skull scheme.

Just an idea.

What do you mean by a ghost flame?

I agree with the silver ghost flames. Google (dont flame me for this) "honda shadow ghost flames"
They did this for a couple of years, and it looked pretty good.

If you just add more chrome, the shine would distract from the color of the bike......just a thought.

Pearl white with a painted inner fairing and dark smoke short windsheild looks awesome.

What do you mean by a ghost flame?

Pearl White Ghost Flames

You can have your artist do a couple of spray outs experimenting with pearls and the reduction.Look at it in the sun and choose the one you like.Silver pearl, blue, gold, red, match your pinstripe?They all look good on white.Once you have the pearl you like you can make it darker or lighter depending on your taste.By simply adding pearl to a clear base 2 parts to 1, 3/1, 4/1 etc. until you get the look you want.Personaly,I like them so faint they can only be discovered in direct sunlight.A ton of options with these type of flames.Keep them outside of your factory striped areas, inside the striped areas etc.The most important part is the spray outs to make sure you get the look you want and not the look the artist descides to give you.

Last edited:
What do you guys think of just putting something on the fairing. I found something at this site:

TattooFinder.com: Tattoo Design Search Results for Tattoos

The one I like is Shaer Light. I'm thinking leave the rest of the bike alone and just put this on the front fairing. The idea is to keep the bike looking classy, but have something that will give it character. So what do you think?

Last edited:
Pearl White Ghost Flames

You can have your artist do a couple of spray outs experimenting with pearls and the reduction.Look at it in the sun and choose the one you like.Silver pearl, blue, gold, red, match your pinstripe?They all look good on white.Once you have the pearl you like you can make it darker or lighter depending on your taste.By simply adding pearl to a clear base 2 parts to 1, 3/1, 4/1 etc. until you get the look you want.Personaly,I like them so faint they can only be discovered in direct sunlight.A ton of options with these type of flames.Keep them outside of your factory striped areas, inside the striped areas etc.The most important part is the spray outs to make sure you get the look you want and not the look the artist descides to give you.

That does look nice, but what do I do with the pin stripping that I already have on the bike. If they remove the pin stripping, would it have to be repainted white? Below shows some of the pin stripping.

Leftrearside.jpg

That does look nice, but what do I do with the pin stripping that I already have on the bike. If they remove the pin stripping, would it have to be repainted white? Below shows some of the pin stripping.

The pin striping is usually clear coated over so you could try wet sanding it off and hope you don't damage the paint below. Otherwise get a full custom paint job.

Back