free website stats program My Riding Seasons Over :( | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

My Riding Seasons Over :(

Happy I have full coverage on the bike but my riding season is over.

Have to ask here ---- Why are you using your insurance for the repairs??? Shouldn't the Ins. Co. of the driver who hit you be taking care of the repair and _ If needed _ you and your wife's Dr. bills ?????

(This question is based on the assumption the driver had insurance)

Glad everyone is ok. Is the other drivers insurance picking up the tab? I would make sure and check with a chiropracter if you have any back or neck problems since you were hit from behind.

Talked to the dealer, said they would strip it right down to the back of the motor for me. Plus we would talk about any other inspections that will make sure I would not have a contributing problem occuring in the future. As for the fender, he said it could take 3 to six months to order a OEM painted fender directly from Harley. Could buy a primed one and have it painted I guess but warranty in the future for rust and such would be void on it.
Yep I'm insisting it get lasered. Don't care if it comes out of my pocket. Going 70 down the highway with the Misses is to important to just guess.

Thanks all.

My insurance will deal with the other drivers insurance company. I have full comp and collison so I won't have to deal with any bickering or whining about what should be covered and costs and such with his company. I'm thinking they would try to cheap me out as much as they can, I'm bullheaded that way. My ride is pristine and I won't settle for anything less.

Our health care is free and were making sure nothing comes back to bite us in the rear in the future.

I'd take my bike straight to a good dealer for an estimate (new parts & labor). Have them quote everything and then go to the insurance company. Document, document, document everything in case the insurance company tries to get out cheap (and they might). We had a(edit) bad hail storm here in Sturgis on Friday and several custom rigs got wrecked. My buddies CVO roadglide got smoked and the insurance just cut him a check for $2K when the estimate from HD was over $3500. He's in a big battle with them right now.

glad to hear your family is ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most importantly, you and your wife are ok.......but I would make sure the bike gets back to tip top shape with all that Glider said about the lasering of the frame. Stupidity is what caused this unfortunate accident the driver should pay.:s

Glad to hear you are both okay. If it was me I would ask the dealer about a trade in and take advantage of the great deals on a 2009 that you can ride out the door tomorrow. Why worry about it down the road, take advantage of a bad situation.

Back