free website stats program My Review of Spectro 6-Speed vs. Redline Shock Proof Heavy | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

My Review of Spectro 6-Speed vs. Redline Shock Proof Heavy

Just as a point of reference, when I changed mine over to the six speed baker DD6 they will only warranty the trans if it has Spectro in it? They also shipped me Spectro when I needed some (in Canada its really hard to get) . I believe Baker knows transmissions and they want you to use Spectro? My two cents.

I've been running the Spectro since my 1st oil change. I change it at 10,000 mile intervals. With 30,000 miles on the bike, The tranny shifts as smoothly and quietly (come-on, it's a Harley!!) as it did when I switched to the Spectro.
Whenever I change it, I have never found so much as a whisker of fuzz on the mag. plug, and it has been as clear and pink as it was when I poured it in.
One of my riding pards, with roughly the same mileage, has had the same results running Redline.
IMO, There is no way you can go wrong with either the Redline SPH or the Spectro Platnium Plus.

I HAVE USED only REDLINE SHOCKPROOF HEAVY in my bikes................. (several street HD's) put many hard miles on them....

I HAVE NEVER FOUND AS MUCH AS A WHISKER OF METAL NEVER---EVER on magnet plugs...

I put a 6 speed into my dyna 2000 FXSD way long ago... Put more than 60,000 miles on it using RED....never ever had metal on the magnet plug.... never had any shifting problems like I heard others having using the same CC gears conversion set that I installed... ???? maybe the REDLINE???
I would think so....

I talk with DAVE the tec/engineer at redline.... He asked me how often I changed the tranny fluid???

I replied max 6000 miles....

he said knowing ME for several years as I was ordering 6 - 8 quarts at a time ,,,UN-OFFICIAL "if it were ME, I would go the once a year regardless of miles..

asking me what it looked like when i took it out? then saying if no dirt or mosture contamanation it could go 2 years before IT need to be change.....

BUT OFFICALLY SAYING:::: follow what your manufacturer reccomends...

I did notice in my 2009 FLHR it reccomends tranny at 20,000 miles....

I use 20/50 redline engine oil
MTL in chaincase
Shockproof Heavy in tranny

I have had such GREAT RESULTS from the REDLINE products I doubt if I would try any others....

even tho' ,,I do like the spectro reports BUT....

signed....BUBBIE

Whew! Thanks for the info. Yes it was the pink label. I bought it at the local renegade bike shop that specializes in HDs. They also swear by it. I also drain the first oz or two into a glass cigar tube and let it settle out. I know, I'm a nut, I learned that one in the navy when I worked in the engineroom. And you are right. Not even a whisker in the oil.

I use the Royal Purple Max-Gear Oil..rated at 75w-90..and it meets both GL-4 and GL-5 performance requirements..at the Harley store its 11.99 per quart...the Spectro is like 16 bucks.... but i like ithe Royal Purple seem its quieter and smoother shift...but thats JMO!...i tried 3 types Harley..Spectro...Royal Purple...and i like the RP for me....

things for me to ponder before my next fluid change. been a redline guy for quite some time now. i got 3000 miles to decide

So glider should i switch my 2007 road king with se 103 kit from syn3 to the redline shock proof heavy synthetic, and will i notice a big difference i live in the north east but i store the bike from dec 15 to march 15. thanx spartacus 55

thanx for the speedy reply glider the redline shock proof heavy is practically in my tranny already. spartacus55

Back