free website stats program MPG after replacing pipes | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

MPG after replacing pipes

Fuel mileage one would expect to get about 35-38mpg if you were getting 43-45 before. There are many factors that affect fuel mileage, throttle, proper brake action (light swish should be heard, but will disappear as rotor runout will push pistons back into their bores, tire pressure, and rolling resistance (bearing, wheel alignment etc.

I had 1.75 Rush slip on mufflers. Avg mpg was 38-41. Reinstalled O.E. mufflers now 48-50 mpg. Its all in the right wrist. With aftermarket mufflers on you tend to want to make some noise.

Probably only proven on a Dyno, the cause could be loss of low end torque do to the muffler change.

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

I had 1.75 Rush slip on mufflers. Avg mpg was 38-41. Reinstalled O.E. mufflers now 48-50 mpg. Its all in the right wrist. With aftermarket mufflers on you tend to want to make some noise.

Could not agree more:p

Riehart slip ons.......38 to 42 mpg, but I could care less about the mileage, it's alot better then my 4 x 4.

With a TFI, a K&N hi flo filt. and Klock werks super saver slippons, I am getting 36 mpg moderate riding in the south.

Don't know if you can measure MPG thru exhaust mods. But my 08 SG 103 with heads and cams got 43.7 MPG over a 3500 mile trip up and down the west coast. That's two up and loaded. Bubs7 true duals.
Gary

SE slip-ons with SE air cleaner and stage 1 download yeilds
an average of 36 -39 mpg on a stock 88 2005 flhti, but the stock factory
settings run to lean ( higher MPG) and IMO are not good for an air cooled engine.

Glad to see mine is about normal. With A/C and pipes I was getting 39 to 41. Did the cam upgrade a couple of weeks ago with Andrews 26s and it dropped to 34 to 36. Could be partly 'cause I love the sound now. Still 10 mpg better than the Liberty and a lot more fun! :D

Back