free website stats program motorcycle trailer | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

motorcycle trailer

Has anyone tried to add electric brakes to a trailer yet? I know you would add some weight, but with some work, couldn't you so the stopping would safer? I havn't riden with a trailer behind me so I don't know the experiance of stopping it.

ya guys are talkin like 400-500 bucks for a trailer..dang then i am not even sure i should post what i pull...but if ya want something that ya unhook....and roll it to your room like luggage....Look nice...pulls fantastic...no surprises around corners...i have probably pull it over 40,000 miles ...its called a Unigo...check their site..not sure what your looking for..are how much ya wanna spend.

: Schoolhouse Motorcycle Accessories, Inc. - The New Home of Uni-Go Motorcycle Trailers. take a minute and watch the video...I live in Missouri and pulled it to the East coast and to the West Coast...and to the North.. Canada..and been very satisfied.

Where do I find a swivel for the trailer hitch. I'm looking to buy a receiver type hitch for my '09 Street Glide.

I don't know if those swivel hitches are really worth the money or even putting them on. I say that cause I have a trailer I pull that my friend and I built, we then layed the bike on its side to see if there was any binding or anything for that matter and there isn't!! you could actually lay it farther than the bike can go.

So why would someone need those if they don't bind or reach end of travel?? Just asking in case I've missed something which wouldn't be the first time

Has anyone tried to add electric brakes to a trailer yet? I know you would add some weight, but with some work, couldn't you so the stopping would safer? I havn't riden with a trailer behind me so I don't know the experiance of stopping it.

Joel,I have put elect.and hydrauliic brakes on motorcycle trailers for people.It will run approx.$500. for electric,$700. for hydraulic.The 7'' brakes these use cost more then the standard 10'' and 12''

ya guys are talkin like 400-500 bucks for a trailer..dang then i am not even sure i should post what i pull...but if ya want something that ya unhook....and roll it to your room like luggage....Look nice...pulls fantastic...no surprises around corners...i have probably pull it over 40,000 miles ...its called a Unigo...check their site..not sure what your looking for..are how much ya wanna spend.

: Schoolhouse Motorcycle Accessories, Inc. - The New Home of Uni-Go Motorcycle Trailers. take a minute and watch the video...I live in Missouri and pulled it to the East coast and to the West Coast...and to the North.. Canada..and been very satisfied.

Fourdogs,if that trailer works like the video shows I think it was worth the money.I'm going to check into a Canadian dealership.Thanks!:D

I use a 7 x 14 cargo trailer. I'm also a scuba diver, so we load two Harleys and all the dive gear in the trailer, hook up to a motor home and have the best of both worlds. Dive one day, ride the next. Don't get no better then that.

Attachments

• Sinking Feeling.jpg
    Sinking Feeling.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 10
I've pulled trailers with my bikes for years...mostly campers. I also have never had anything but 8" wheels and a standard ball hitch. Never had a problem. I think that 8" wheels are fine but, as with all wheels, you've got to make sure you re-pack the wheels bearings regularly. As far as towing, you have to remember that your stopping disance and length are increased and ride accordingly. With a camper trailer, you're also a bit wider...something to remember when pulling up to the pumps. In the past 20 years, I've never had a bad experience pulling a trailer with my bike.

Joel,I have put elect.and hydrauliic brakes on motorcycle trailers for people.It will run approx.$500. for electric,$700. for hydraulic.The 7'' brakes these use cost more then the standard 10'' and 12''

Fourdogs,if that trailer works like the video shows I think it was worth the money.I'm going to check into a Canadian dealership.Thanks!:D

Yes..its works just as the Video shows..i promise..i got that one coz i am a new rider...and it seemed easy to handle...and my wife went from 1 pair of boots to 1 pair of boot and added 3 pair of shoes..oh we do what we do to keep them happy...Don't we...lol:D

heres my set up...hope the pic shows up...This is our Unigo unit...

PICT0009.JPG (227.4 KB)

Attachments

• PICT0009.JPG
    PICT0009.JPG
    227.4 KB · Views: 40
Back