free website stats program motorcycle trailer | Harley Davidson Forums

motorcycle trailer

farmboy

any of you pull a trailer with your bike, if so, I would appreciate any info on your experiences/sugestions. I have an 08 ultra classic.

farmboy, I have a Bushtec Turbo II trailer. I did a lot of research before I ended up with this on and I think one of the best on the market. If you go to Bushtec.com you can see their entire line-up and I won't have to type as much.
Good luck, Doc.

I have pulled a trailer with 3 different bikes, from a bone-stock (performance-wise) '99 FLHR to a '03 FLTR with a Stage II big bore kit. My trailer is esencially a Modified economy priced hardware store trailer with a car-top carrier bolted to it. I use a KromeWerks trailer hitch. It will slow your acceleration down a bit, and drop your MPG a bit, but the most important thing to consider is increased braking distance. You also have to remember you're a bit wider than usual, but not by much.

Don't forget you are longer too. You cannot turn corners as close. There is an on goiung argument about using 8" wheels or 12" wheels. I use 8" and after a 2300 mile trip to the mountains, I will say I had no problems with any bearings or tires getting hot. Since this photo I have mounted a rack for a 24 qt. ice chest on the tongue.

Attachments

• 1711.jpg
    1711.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 85
had a bushtec, pulled very well, easy to load, hook up, etc., check out their website, they run specials at times, etc, used to have a for sale section on used ones, quality product.

I bought one of those small trailers from harbor freight and put the car carrier on it. lighter than all the rest, strong though pulled great allows you to carry more one bad thing is after 65 mph you really suck the gas so keep that in mind and an eye on the gas guage good luck you will love it

depends on how often you are going to use it ? i use mine once ayear so i cant see spending the big money for one. went to northern tool bought the frame. bought a cartop carrier from a buddy. invested in a swivel for the trailor hitch and a few other goodies and have right around $500.00 invested. but i agree with frogman 6042 you loose gas milage .

Hi folks, recently got a trailer. It's a UK model Squire D10. Picked it up from ebay for about £250, about $400-500.

This is the first time i have towed and my observations are:
1. I did notice it behind me, mainly on tight turns. Not a problem, just got to adjust my riding style some.
2.The trailer is no wider than my bike 1990 FLHS so i can get through gaps the same.
3. As previously stated, got to think more about stopping distances.

In the UK towing a trailer you are legally limited to 60 MPH max.
Tried it out at 85 and it was steady. I don't intend to be doing that speed though.
You folks in the US do have a larger range of manufacturers to choose from.
Not many in the UK/EU zone.
:)

Back