free website stats program Motorcycle Tire Reviews | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle Tire Reviews

I haven't seen anyone bring up Metzlers. They are popular with metric bikes, but they make tires that fit Harley-Davidson bikes also.
I've heard that Metzlers have better traction than Dunlops, but may not last as long.

I had mounted some Pirelli Night Dragons (130/80B-17 (65H) Pirelli Night Dragon Front Motorcycle Tire; 180/65B-16 (81H) Pirelli Night Dragon GT Rear Motorcycle Tire) on the bike back on April 10th. The rear is now done with about 8K miles on it. Ordered another one from Jake Wilson which should be in today. So tonight I will dismount the rear wheel and carry it and the new tire over to Cycle Gear for mounting and balancing tomorrow. Front still good, so my experience of two rears for each front seems to be happening with these tires too.

Cheers,

TQ

Have run OEM Dunlops, American Elites, Night Dragons, Metzlers and Comm IIs but none compare with Avon Cobras which are the best available now IMHO. Night Dragon on the rear of my Deuce dumped me in a corner; did not hook up. Avon Cobras won't win a mileage contest but flat hook up and inspire confidence; just might save your butt in a jam.;)

That's what I am looking for. I, hopefully, have learned my lesson about cold weather and cold tires. Now have had two accidents due to the cold. One was a bridge, I didn't see the ice, and the other was I was still leaned over when I applied the gas making a right turn.
Rubber is cheap compared to body work.
Anyone else have tires that are sticky and work well in rain?
Heritage Softail 1997

That's what I am looking for. I, hopefully, have learned my lesson about cold weather and cold tires. Now have had two accidents due to the cold. One was a bridge, I didn't see the ice, and the other was I was still leaned over when I applied the gas making a right turn.
Rubber is cheap compared to body work.
Anyone else have tires that are sticky and work well in rain?
Heritage Softail 1997
I've been caught in the rain too many times to count and my Mich Commander II's performed flawlessly. I wasn't riding Moto GP type stuff, but they've never hydroplaned or washed out in a corner when wet and riding appropriately for the conditions.

I think appropriately for the conditions is key here.There's all kinds of stuff that'll take you down if your not careful.Wet leaves on the street around here,this time of year,are like ice patches.

What does your engineer say about my Dunlop American Elites that reverse the tread direction opposite of the rear tire.....looks weird, but I guess that is the way they are supposed to be installed. Other than that......the elites seem to be a much better tire than the previous 401 and 402s.

Back