free website stats program Motorcycle Tire Reviews | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle Tire Reviews

Hi everybody !

What do you guys think of MICHELIN COMMANDER II tires for a dynaglide ?
I am looking for soft gum tires fo max stability, even if the mileage is poor.
Thanks

Colas

Hi everybody !

Thanks

Colas

Just installed my second set on my '07 Super Glide. I have just over 70k miles on the Dyna and changed out the tires as I was not comfortable riding in this Arizona desert heat on what I had.

First set ran for 16k miles, the rear was about worn to the indicators but the front were OK for a few thousand miles more. Never got over 12k miles on a rear with the Dunlaps.

What i really like is the traction, which feels linear regardless of lean angle so they are much more confidence producing. They work fine in the rain, although we don't have much of that around here. I have not seen any change in fuel mileage between these and the originals and I haven't had any cupping on the front or any undue wear.

In my opinion the Commander II are the best option out there.

Bill

Just installed my second set on my '07 Super Glide. I have just over 70k miles on the Dyna and changed out the tires as I was not comfortable riding in this Arizona desert heat on what I had.

First set ran for 16k miles, the rear was about worn to the indicators but the front were OK for a few thousand miles more. Never got over 12k miles on a rear with the Dunlaps.

What i really like is the traction, which feels linear regardless of lean angle so they are much more confidence producing. They work fine in the rain, although we don't have much of that around here. I have not seen any change in fuel mileage between these and the originals and I haven't had any cupping on the front or any undue wear.

In my opinion the Commander II are the best option out there.

Bill

I concur. To add, I ran through some hard rain a couple weeks ago where I couldn't see more than a few car lengths and the commander iis never came close to losing traction. 15 mins at 45mph in that stuff wasn't fun but at least I didn't lose traction.
WAP.gif

I was getting about 4k out of my dunlops and switched to michelin commanderII tires. At 10k now with lots of tread left on front tire...:D

I am currently using Michelin Commander 2's front and rear.
I get good traction and they have lasted longer than any other MC tire on my bike that I have tried.

Hi everybody !

Thanks

Colas
That's what's on my Ultra. :D
I'm about to get a new rear tire soon. Another C2:s

Has anybody heard good or bad about the Pirelli Route 66 tires? i found them as an option on Revzilla. Pretty well priced, but thats what worries me.

i got a set set of michelin commander || last yr and and love them ,little pricey
but love the feel.had metzlers before and liked their feel also

Well, I drank the kool aid today and had installed front and rear American Elite from the Indy I go to. When asked about the HD Dunlop 402 he stated that he does not stock them anymore for the Elite is far superior in all aspects. And no one who comes into his shop wants the 402 anymore. Ride, handling, longevity has improved 10 fold over the 402's. Had a customer who rides many miles a year and usually would get approx. 8,500 miles on a rear 402. At 14,000 miles on a pair of Elites, the customer wanted 2 new tires for he was going on a very long trip. In my first 200 miles I am amazed how true the advice was. Especially the cornering. So if you are on the fence the Elite should be in the running for consideration. The best part is the pair installed was $455.00 with tax.

Back