free website stats program Motorcycle Club Question | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle Club Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim B.

I would recommend your friends start a Motorcycle Ministry (not a club). The question they need to ask themselves is what are they trying to achieve.

You answered some of that in your last post; "(they want to keep their dues, fund raising, ministry, etc. local.)"

If they are all from the same church or local town, then they should just form a ministry from the church and be a Motorcycle Ministry M/M.

Don't worry about Patches, Colors, and Rockers. Membership is handled much different in an M/M. You don't earn your patch you buy it, you don't prospect, you become a member, you claim no territory or town. You are then not considered a threat or competition.

I belonged to an M/M that was International, great folks in the Ministry but some began worrying about the wrong things and in my oppinion lost their focus of being a Ministry and began trying to function like a club. (two complete different animals) Myself and some others left that organization and eventually formed our own group. The only identifying patch we wear is a brown cross on the back of a vest or shirt. No rockers, no state identifiers, just the cross.

Never been hassled by anyone, been around several 1% clubs, had some questions asked, let them know we were a Ministry, not a club. Never have had a problem. We have also been invited to several open events and attend when possible. Don't hang around any particular club or show favorites or look as if we are a support club. Men and Women wear the same size and color cross.

The problem your friends have created is they asked and were told NO. Now they have two choices, act like men and do their own thing, which could come with consequences or respect (coin toss on which way it could go, could be percieved as being men and standing up, or as disrespect and problems could arise), or they join an existing Ministry or Christian Club as recommended.

Colors, Patches, and Rockers are not what make a Christian Ministry who they are, that is why we just wear a cross that represents our Savior.

There has been lots of good advice and mine is only a part of the overall. Would gladly talk one on one with anyone who wanted to if they had more questions.

Prayerfully Hoping it works out.

What I've learned about 1% clubs is its all about respect. If you don't play by their rules, they will make sure you wished you had.:small3d007:

While very likely true, my definition of the word respect is quite different. I would replace the word "respect" with the word "fear" in this statement.

True respect is earned in my book. I won't give it to someone just because you are going to make my life difficult. "Respect" is a very poor euphamism for "fear" and it obiously bothers me that it turns what used to be a reveered positive into a negative.

I live near Baltimore and all you hear from the drug gangs and thugs in the city is talk of "You got to give me respect" or "He disrespected me, so I (stabbed, beat, shot, murdered) him." The ony thing they did is hurt others.

+1 on your statement Smitty!

Considering that we are supposed to have freedom of speech and religion in this country, I'm wondering what, other than the threat of intimidation through violence, gives the local 1% club the right to dictate how a person chooses to express their religious orientation and beliefs.
------------- I'm wondering why as a professing Christian you'd ever allow anyone to cause you to deny Christ or intimadate you into not standing up for Christ..... Shame on you. I dont believe in door mat Christianity nor is it serving God to ask any patch holder for permission to spread the Gospel of Christ... sorry if I sound blunt my fellow brother in Christ Jesus-- but you --NEED A WAKE CALL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back