free website stats program Motorcycle Club Question | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle Club Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great question! I think it goes both ways:

"Christian" as in "we should be nice to all of God's childern"
and
"Christian" as in the religion that not so long ago in human history said the same thing: Believe what we believe or we will punish you for it.

I am not pinning this to religion specifically, just using it as an example for how groups of humans act.

I find it interesting that I am interpreting the information that Hobbit posted on MC Clubs is that one of the likely inherent tennants of these types of clubs is they should be a "threat" to other clubs.

Perhaps I don't understand what a "Christian Motorcycle Club". Maybe a Christian Motorcyle Club is the same thing as a 1% club only they have church functions as well or they are all the same faith.

No matter what though, this is some good information.

I think there is a Christian group with a 99% patch. I like the thinking behind this but, excluding the Muslims, Jews, Atheists, etc… may knock a Christian patch down to say 38%:D

I can see that I wasn't as clear as I should have been in my question.

First, the sergeant-at-arms that my friends approached is the local contact person for the Confederation of Clubs. They approached him because they knew that it was proper motorcycle club etiquette to do so.

Second, my friends were not talking about forming a 3 patch club. It was going to be a one patch club. No rockers and no claim to a certain territory or city.

Third, it is just a group of guys who like to ride motorcycles and who want to do good things for the community as an expression of their Christian beliefs. They can't see how any motorcycle club would feel threatened by such a group.

The group of guys are actually the remnants of a local riding club that was recognized by the local 1% club. The club disintegrated because some of the members had conducted themselves in a manner to bring themselves to the attention of local law enforcement.

Hobbit said that a 3 patch club would ask them what gives my friends the right to form their own club. They would answer that the Bill of Rights gives them the right to form such a club.

Unless the information above causes any of you to change your answers, I'll pass the bad news on to my friends. And no, I didn't use the term "my friends" to hide the fact that I was asking the question on my own behalf. As some of you have noticed, I am already a member of the Christian Motorcyclists Association.

Maybe they should just be a Riding Group.

I have seen a Three Patch Support Club Spring up overnight. All just local guys hanging out one day. The next day full three patches.

Maybe they could approach it that way unless they do not want to be associated.

I find it hard to belive that any 1% club would have a problem with C.M.A. chapter in town.In Texas here the C.M.A. riders are treated very,very well. And are free to move about the 1% at any event or rally or even out on the road.Even go as far as have the C.M.A. to do Sun. services at there 1% events.But thats here in Texas ??

Unfortunately, I don't have a ready solution to your quandry. Here's something from my 31 years in law enforcement: these 1% clubs "earn" their reputation. These are guys, for the most part, that you don't want to hang around with. Ask yourself this: "what keeps us 99%ers law abiding"? Answer: "Because we care. We care about hurting other people, we care about getting arrested and doing jail time, we care about our families". What seperates us from "them" is that they , in different degrees, don't care.

Look, maybe the way to go is to gather all of the info provided by this forum and put together some kind of workable plan. How do groups like the Patriot Guard Riders, H.O.G. chapters, Legion Riders, etc. do it? One thing I can tell you for certain, if starting a club means "negotiating" with 1% clubs, you may want to give that some really deep thought.

Best of luck...

here were iam at ,ive seen one club depatch another club , that was around for many years . some jioned the club others just walked away , went there own ways . if they were seen wearing there old patch they got beat badly.. not my thing there , new people on both sides. it was the way of life they wanted ,not me ,what they call us independants works for me .get together with friends and go riding and enjoy it. no rules just fun

Third, it is just a group of guys who like to ride motorcycles and who want to do good things for the community as an expression of their Christian beliefs. They can't see how any motorcycle club would feel threatened by such a group.

As some of you have noticed, I am already a member of the Christian Motorcyclists Association.

Since you are already a CMA member, have you thought about starting a new CMA chapter? It sounds like what want to do as a group is already very similar to what local CMA chapters do.

I have been riding with christian ministries since '96. What I've learned about 1% clubs is its all about respect. If you don't play by their rules, they will make sure you wished you had.:small3d007:

You know guys.. Im NOT a biker, never will be, just a motorcycle nut, If its got 2 wheels Ive been on it... I really had NO IDEA how all of this worked with the clubs, very interesting reading here.. I ride for STRESS RELIEF,, the last thing I would want is more stress,,,,, Im the guy with nothing on my vest,,,, just a smile on my face:),, This is why I love this forum,, THERES ALWAYS SOMETHING TO LEARN........ Tim

For those of you who have asked, I suggested to my friends that they ask C.M.A. for permission to start a local chapter. They don't want to do that because they want to keep their dues, fund raising, ministry, etc. local.

Thanks everyone for you ideas and suggestions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back