free website stats program More cuts at H-D | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

More cuts at H-D

+1 if they move out of the states I would not buy a bike from them :newsmile055: but I highly doubt that since their marketing scheme has been American based - I would say they may outsource some of their parts and Assemble here, but that is speculation and nothing I found to back it up.. just a thought.

Took the tour last year - it is awesome and you are there on the floor and it isn't just a quick glance either - :small3d018:

As far as parts, I went and bought my gaskets for my oil change - the package said parts made in china and assembled in America - So basically China made the parts and someone in America put the three o-rings and the derby gasket in a bag - :52:

In the last 10 days I visited 5 dealers in three states. There was little going on at any of them and the bike prices were deal MSRP or no deal. My local dealer is strictly MSRP on everything and it appears the same in Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota. When I was new bike shopping I did not get any price movement from any dealers. However, It was not comparing apples to apples since the bikes had different component packages. One dealer offered a 20% discount parts and accessories for 30 days and 10% from then on. I ended up finding a used FatBoy 2 hours away, EXACTLY what I wanted on it and with a mere 4K miles. So in my case I was lucky I found a pristine low mileage ride at a really good price. I may have bought a bike from the dealer if they were willing to move just some off of MSRP.

It remains to be seen how much longer it will take for dealers to start feeling the excess inventory pinch. Still it seems as if they are waiting for something????

The dealers around me in Illinois and Missouri are giving more money on trades to get full price on new bikes. But in tough economic times people are not spending the money on toys.I would hope the law of supply and demand would catch up.

Back