free website stats program More cuts at H-D | Harley Davidson Forums

More cuts at H-D

I was watching CNBC and knew HOG was going to release their financials... But 91% decrease in profits.. I was like wow. I expected a drop, but that's a big drop.

And agree with Glider.. it's prime time for any buyer!

I wonder if the next thing to drop are some dealers who close. I just don't have much experience on this as I've only been riding for 9 years now.

Thanks for sharing the link.

Not surprising in light of the tough economic times out there. A lot of my friends also share the belief that in a year or so, things will be on an upswing. Got to admit, I'm not that confident. The way this administration is spending our money is truely scary. Bailing out this and that, and it seems that they aren;'t done! Here's hoping some sanity creeps into our spending policies. God bless America!!

Do you guys remember this thread?Interesting Read On The HD State Of Affairs - Harley Davidson Community

When HD stock went under $8.00 I told a few of you to buy if you could afford to.The MOCO is only playing corporate genius in trimming the fat and they will emerge from the recession a stronger company.They have the best economic strategists in the world working there at this point in time.This is just my opinion.

Last winter I asked several dealers close to me if they could cut a deal on a engine remanufacture - nobody budged - not from Harley Davidson, and not for the dealers labor... so no one received any money. I wasn't looking for a deep discount, but I thought that if I was willing to spend money in a tight economy, maybe someone would try a little harder to earn it. I'll probably try again this fall, but my overall impression is that the dealers I spoke to work more on their profit margins than on the bikes they service, and this was confirmed on my visit to one dealer's service department. I'm becoming a mechanic not so much because I want to but because it is so much easier...

All of the "toy" manufactures are taking a hit, motorcycles, RV's, boats, airplanes etc.....and it won't get any better any time soon.....

I was watching CNBC and knew HOG was going to release their financials... But 91% decrease in profits.. I was like wow. I expected a drop, but that's a big drop.

And agree with Glider.. it's prime time for any buyer!

I wonder if the next thing to drop are some dealers who close. I just don't have much experience on this as I've only been riding for 9 years now.

Thanks for sharing the link.

That what happened with the car dealers, I would not be a bit suprised to see some of the under sellers loose there franchise, especially the non 100% dealerships. The one in my area is a Harley/Honda/off road dealer. He don't sell zip on the high end Harley's, always to quick to point you at a Honda.

Maybe I'll get lucky and they could do the MSRP thing for an 06 Sporty instead of 07 and up. That could be something to sell more new H-D's. I would totally buy a new Night Train if they did, lol.

Back