free website stats program mobile1 5/50 vs mobile1 v twin 20/50 | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

mobile1 5/50 vs mobile1 v twin 20/50

i guess what im asking is, can i use the mobile1 15/50 instead of the 20/50 will it damage my engine??

My take on this::newsmile105:

The $$ savings using the 15W50 Weight oil "Without" as much additive in it as the 20W50, is NOT worth the savgs. in my book....

I can't afford to save the $$'s that will Not show a savgs. on the Motor in $$'s...

If I changed the oil weekly and it took 8/12 gals. Then I Might switch.. Hmmmmm Maybe!

4 Quarts? NEVER....

signed....BUBBIE

the OP's problem is access to V-TWIN Mobil 1. I have the same problem where I live. The only way to get M/C oil such as V-TWIN is to special order it and sometimes we just don't feel like doing that. I us 15/50 Mobil 1 mayself and am not about to worry about a M/C rating. I figure any oil produced today is probably better than oil was 20 or more years ago.

I use Mobile 1 15w50 in my liquid cooled Goldwing but I use Mobile 1 V Twin 20w50 in my air cooled Harley and I change the engine oil every 2500 miles.

I use Mobile 1 15w 50 in my 79 Vette, because it contains a high level of zinc for the flat tappet camshaft in it. But I have been using the V Twin oil in my bike. I don’t see why the 15w 50w wouldn’t work in the bike, but I can find the V Twin oil at the local Auto Parts store. I think the most important thing about the oil is make sure you change it on regular basis. One thing I do know is discussing oils is about like discussing what the best beer is! :newsmile100:

I think it may have something to do with the detergents in oils, higher temps the detergent foams, so air cooled has to have something different?

Myself I like Mexican beer,Like Corona. Next choice is Molson Canadian. When it comes to cigarets , I like Players Plain butt cigarets ,second choice are Camels plain butts .My favorite revolver is the Colt Single Action Army and the 1911 Goverment model.I like Ford trucks and Evirude boat Motors. I love Meigen Fox . I guess I must fit the profile as someone who loves Harleys,Oh, Ya , My favorite motor oil is Mobil 1 by Esso as it is called in Canada. Used Harley 360 during the warranty. My bike runs cooler with the Mobil 1.

Back