free website stats program Missing at constant speed? | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

Missing at constant speed?

I'm on my 6th bag of popcorn watching this post. Almost as good as Breaking Bad.:s

If this were me........new cuss words would have been discovered, published and banned. New holes in my garage wall and tools would be lost forever.

Hats off to you all for your knowledge and persistence. :hii Many are learning from this. Thank you !!

(i'll pop some more in the hotel tonight)

Good Luck

I'm on my 6th bag of popcorn watching this post. Almost as good as Breaking Bad.:s

If this were me........new cuss words would have been discovered, published and banned. New holes in my garage wall and tools would be lost forever.

Hats off to you all for your knowledge and persistence. :hii Many are learning from this. Thank you !!

(i'll pop some more in the hotel tonight)

Good Luck

Throwing things and cussing isn't going to fix it. No one around here can do any better than I can so I will march on. I'll figure it out sooner or later. Sooner would be great! Stay tuned. (no pun intended again).

Pulled the crank position sensor and it is clean as a whistle. Knowing that you cant tell if a sensor is good by looking at it. Just checking for trash stuck to it. Tried to pull codes and get the same thing I got a couple years ago. I get "88" thats eight flashes and a pause and then 8 more flashes. Nver could find anything for "88" so I dont know what it is telling me. I do know that its done that for years. Nothing has changed with this.

Guess I'll order a leak down tester and see what that reveals.

I am going out on a limb here, code 88 is rear cylinder injector problem, you are carbed SOOOO I would say 88 is a self test or end of communication like OBD on a car

I have searched for the 88 code and you would think that this would have come up more but it doesn't seem too. I am not too worried about it cause its been doing this for 20K miles.

Tried a different compression tester this evening and came up with 175 and 180 front and rear.

I have searched for the 88 code and you would think that this would have come up more but it doesn't seem too. I am not too worried about it cause its been doing this for 20K miles.

Tried a different compression tester this evening and came up with 175 and 180 front and rear.

Those are good numbers, you have modified heads what are your head gaskets?

Plugs Front is right and rear is left.

Attachments

• IMAG0561.jpg
    IMAG0561.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 20
Back