free website stats program Missing at constant speed? | Page 10 | Harley Davidson Forums

Missing at constant speed?

Plugs Front is right and rear is left.

Really hard to read plugs and diagnose without inspecting under magnification and doing "plug cuts" to evaluated under specific conditions. A plug cut at WOT will often read differently than a plug cut at cruise. However, based on the photos, I would say that the heat range looks about right; one range cooler maybe? There is something going on with that rear cylinder; leak down test should show something.

If memory serves me correctly the 88 code you are seeing is just a single 8 twice. When put in Diag. mode the light will flash 8 times then pause for about 2-3 seconds, then start sending the codes. If no codes then the 8 flashes restart. It signifies you are in Diag. mode.
tourbox

Really hard to read plugs and diagnose without inspecting under magnification and doing "plug cuts" to evaluated under specific conditions. A plug cut at WOT will often read differently than a plug cut at cruise. However, based on the photos, I would say that the heat range looks about right; one range cooler maybe? There is something going on with that rear cylinder; leak down test should show something.

I agree, the heat rings do not look right, the front plug appears to be running correct, if this were FI the code 88 would indicate a problem with cylinder 1 tho that is not the case here

Maybe a Hotter Plug is needed for the rear cylinder...?

Sure varies from the front one.

signed....BUBBIE

Leak down tester coming. We'll see what story that tells.....

Motor hot from a ride. Started with rear cylinder at TDC and brake locked. I tested it at 75, 90, and 100psi and got 8% leak down on all three pressures. most all of the leak came from breathers.

Front cylinder of course a little cooler now but at 75, and 90 psi I got 9% leak down. When I got to the 100psi test I broke the rear brake line and that was the end of the test...:D I have no reason to believe that it would have been anything different at 100 psi anyway.

Guess I'm going down the ignition trail at some point. I have brake lines to fix now.....:newsmile016:

:worthy

Much better BREAKING Then - than on the road...:D

I'll dig out some of the electrical and give you a shout about what I have.

got the stuff out... Can you check to see if the 2000 DYNA will fit your bike year?

The 8 plug I had on the dyna for a short time and worked fine. BUT? on the years it will fit? ... I had a 97 FXDS also before the Dyna 00 TC

DYNA 2000 DIGITAL IGNITION SYSTEM
model no. DD2000-HD1E8
Dynatech 8 pin plug

6 white toggle switches on back for setting:
set the 4 different Curves
4 different Rev Limits mode
single fire or Dual fire
Then a NEW in box..... Fire-Ball HI-4E

BUT it is for a 95-97 Big Twin EVO with 8 pin connector

I'll have to put them up for sale on the forum... IF you can use the

DYNA 2000 above let me know. I don't remember IF I used it on the 97 or the 00 FXDS.

Have a feeling they were BOTH for the 97 EVO...

signed....BUBBIE

:worthy

Much better BREAKING Then - than on the road...:D

I'll dig out some of the electrical and give you a shout about what I have.

got the stuff out... Can you check to see if the 2000 DYNA will fit your bike year?

The 8 plug I had on the dyna for a short time and worked fine. BUT? on the years it will fit? ... I had a 97 FXDS also before the Dyna 00 TC

DYNA 2000 DIGITAL IGNITION SYSTEM
model no. DD2000-HD1E8
Dynatech 8 pin plug

6 white toggle switches on back for setting:
set the 4 different Curves
4 different Rev Limits mode
single fire or Dual fire
Then a NEW in box..... Fire-Ball HI-4E

BUT it is for a 95-97 Big Twin EVO with 8 pin connector

I'll have to put them up for sale on the forum... IF you can use the

DYNA 2000 above let me know. I don't remember IF I used it on the 97 or the 00 FXDS.

Have a feeling they were BOTH for the 97 EVO...

signed....BUBBIE

New rear brake line on order!

Appreciate the heck out of the offer but neither will work for my ride. Mine has two 12-pin connectors. Like this.

Attachments

• TC88_rendering.jpg
    TC88_rendering.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 11
Looking at a few:

I see what I have are for the FXDS EVO I had in 97... :newsmile100:

signed....BUBBIE

New rear brake line on order!

Appreciate the heck out of the offer but neither will work for my ride. Mine has two 12-pin connectors.

I think I have one of those in my parts bin; also have a good custom map you could use if you like or you can just use the dial settings. Let me know if you are interested and I will check the bin to be sure; want to be sure it and all instructions etc. are there. Although, all their install and interface instructions are available on their website. You will need the USB interface to down load the map or to make you own; not needed if you want to work the dials. I also installed their coil when I first set mine up years back.

$200 plus shipping if you are interested. DTT now offers a three year warranty; won't hurt my feelings if you go for the warranty, understandable.:D

Back