free website stats program Missing air cover seal | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Missing air cover seal

One last (hopefully) question. If I do install the Stage 1 kit, would you all suggest I have the mix ratio adjusted at the dealer? It was done apparently when the previous owner installed the K&N, V&H pipes, and Fuelpak. I'm thinking perhaps if I used a round K&N, it would flow air about the same as the free-flowing K&N I had already-- or at least close enough. Not sure how important it would be to remap, or whatever it is called...

You will be fine with the stage 1 kit. I don't think you will need any change in the map

Put it together and run it. With the mods previously discussed you should be good to go..

You will be fine with the stage 1 kit. I don't think you will need any change in the map

Put it together and run it. With the mods previously discussed you should be good to go..

I agree.

It's my thinking the stage 1 set up wouldn't be that big of a change but since the bikes come stock as lean as can possibly be to meet EPA, any change at all should be addressed by adding some fuel.
You already have added fuel with the fuelpak.

I ran stage1 in my 88TC in the cooler temps of WI w/o any issues. I 1st added a GEN3 after cams this year.

HD08FLHR008.gif

In this picture # 7 is a bracket to support the induction module, I believe your photo showed this. It should support your throttle body, you should be OK and your tune should bee good to go IMO

HD08FLHR008.gif

In this picture # 7 is a bracket to support the induction module, I believe your photo showed this. It should support your throttle body, you should be OK and your tune should bee good to go IMO

Yes, the bracket is there. Sounds like I'm not in the dire straits I thought I was. Am looking for a well priced Stage 1 kit though, and will upgrade when possible. Thanks to all for working through this with me.

Got a new OEM stage 1 kit on Ebay and sold my old K&N filter. Paid 15 bucks once all was said and done. I love Ebay...

Got a new OEM stage 1 kit on Ebay and sold my old K&N filter. Paid 15 bucks once all was said and done. I love Ebay...
I love E-BAY also , bought many a good part there very reasonable + (2) Harleys in mint condition . Sometimes I don't think some E-bay sellers realy know what the fair price some items should be sold for - their loss - our gain !!

Back