Members Input Needed

Leave posts open or close them.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

glider

Veteran Member
Now's the time to cast your vote here.

We have had some posts on the forum that started off as a problem either with a bike or sometimes with the dealer and eventually were resolved to the customers satisfaction without a doubt.

What we are asking is your opinion by voting whether these threads should remain open after the issue was resolved or be closed once most opinions have been expressed being they keep popping up after the problem had been solved with a reply that really doesn't pertain to the issue any longer being it has been resolved.

We have had some members that reply to the thread after reading the thread starter (post #1) without following through to see what the outcome was if any and if it was settled or not.

Tell us if they should stay open or be closed.

Thanks

Your opinions count.:s

Richard i think this would pertain more to say like the thread witht he fat bob that died out of the showroom .. it has all ready been repalced and people are still saying they wouldnt take it and hope it gets replaced ...

That said, maybe the threads SHOULD stay open so a member can read the thread, see if the resolution applies to him, and proceed, but if it doesn't, and his variables require a different approach,or if it does, but he experienced a different way to resolve it, then the member can bring the thread "back to life" by posting his thoughts/requests without having to start an entirely new thread about an issue already discussed in some detail.
Every persons circumstances are different when it comes to a problem or dealers and I don't agree with your way of thinking or reasoning here. Different bike/dealer/problem/owner.
I think they should start their own thread to avoid the confusion that arises when someone posts their problem in another members post.

Richard i think this would pertain more to say like the thread witht he fat bob that died out of the showroom .. it has all ready been replaced and people are still saying they wouldnt take it and hope it gets replaced ...

Exactly!

I would like to see them stay open.I do read the posts through to see if the problem was resolved.Sometimes,when I can,I even try to help.To me,HDTimeline is like an encyclopedia that keeps growing and the information found here should always be available.JMO

Bud...Agreed.

If that's the kind of thread it is, there's no reason to keep it open.

But I'm not sure if that's the only kind of unquestionable thread Glider is referring to, because I don't think he'd pose a poll to determine what we ought to do about that kind of thread. My thinking is it's more about a questionable issue.

Please correct me if I'm wrong there Boss man!

That's pretty much the sum of it, once the problem has been remedied, the replies that are posted like in the thread mentioned by Bud. The poster got a new bike and there are comments like" I think you should take it back and get a new one" still being posted in the thread.

If someone has a problem as mentioned by Bud above where only 1 in 1000 of us have that problem,and it has been resolved,then that thread should be closed.Threads pertaining to problems that are more common should stay open.I hope that's understandable!

once the issue has been resolved i think it should be closed for posting but still be able to be read as there may be information needed or of value to other members

I agree with Hobbit, there's often a lot of good info in the threads.

Just for the record, the post will remain on the forum as a "read only" post but you cannot reply to it.

I hope that clarifies it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back