free website stats program Lowering A Road King? | Harley Davidson Forums

Lowering A Road King?

mcdraayom

Account Removed
I was thinking of lowering the rear of my RK, anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?:newsmile070:

Hello Big Daddy
If you want to lowering becouse of your height then read...

I'm 168cm (5.511 foot) an i was also thinking of lowering the RKC.
But the longer i did drive, the lower the bikes get and also i did get familiar with the bike so now now i dont want to lowering it anymore.

In case of you want to change the look of your RK then its much problem and money for you.

Front: 54599-02 Price: $194.95
Rear: 54631-02B Price: $275.95

Worth it ?

Andersson

I would strongly recommend a low profile seat,as it will drop you a lot. Now if you want to lower it for looks and money is no worries, then go for the Airtail kit.....$1020 for the shocks and $713 for the compressor kit. These shocks have 2 air chambers, one for load and the other for ride height. There is also progressive and or Works shocks....$300-$500. Then you have Arlen Ness and Burly lowering kits that are brackets that will lower you 1-2 inches....$100-$170. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies. It is definitely a cosmetic change, I'm 6'1" and don't have a problem reaching the ground. I've been looking at some bikes that are lowered, and I really like that stance.:naughty

Last edited:
I lowered my 1980 FLT and it was incredible. That said I now ride a 97 Road King and I scrape the boards ALL the time. I would love to lower it but given the fact that I scrape the boards I am not willing to spend hundreds of dollars to make the clearance problem worst. My 2 cents
Good luck if you do, let us know how it works out.

My Ultra, my Road King, and my Wide Glide are all lowered. I like the look/stance and have no problems handling wise. I know what the lean limit is and stay away, still ocassionally scrape, but it's worth it to me. I'm altitudinally challenged at 5'-06" and the lowered bikes are more comfortable for me, but even if I were tall I still would have lowered them......

I've been condsidering lowering my Road King also. I understand I will lose tire to fender clearance,what about riding 2 up is it adviseable to lower an inch?

Back