free website stats program Lower fairings or not | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lower fairings or not

I put the nonvented hard lowers on my 94 EG and was'nt to sure i was gona like them as it created much more heat to the seat and leg area, very uncomfortable so i removed them and was looking into vents and kinda liked the adjustable vents by goodies and thought i could make my own so I did and now love the lowers. Really don't know how anybody can ride in the heat without vented lowers.

Ok heres my attempt to add some pics hope it works

Attachments

• IMG_0513.jpg
    IMG_0513.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0511.jpg
    IMG_0511.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0512.jpg
    IMG_0512.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 34
Looking at purchasing one of the touring models. I like the look of the bikes without the lower fairings, such as the street glide. Thinking street glide with add on tour pack for long trips. Do lower fairings make a big difference? Seems those that have them don't want to go without them. Opinions?

Weather is a factor for me, I live in Europe you are almost guarantee to get wet, lower fairings helps to keep the feet dry.

Since I don't have any mechanical skills, I'm just going to have to find someone who I can pay to install the vents for me.

I love the lowers on my RG Ultra. took a trip from Houston to the Ozarks and left in a downpour. My boots got a little damp but the feet were dry. My buddy on his Road King had his boots soaked. I had thought of pulling them off in the summer but was also told that they direct air over the engine. By the way, they a wonderful in the winter. I can't feel much difference when my feet are on the boards or highway pegs, so I have left mine on in 95+ heat and really see no need to take them off.

never took them off the ultra. always put them on the rk in the winter. had soft lowers but they looked ugly like the inside of an elephants ear. nothing sharper than a plain jane birch white cop bike. jmo/kinda biased.

i have a 2010 ultra classic and i was thinking about removing the lowers just from a heat standpoint. but the other issue came up that the current design of the lowers is to maximumize airflow over the cyclinder heads. does that sound right?
patrick

Back