free website stats program Low Fuel Engine Light | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Low Fuel Engine Light

Good mileage and good to keep tabs of when the light comes on. It would seem **IF** you have a 4.4 gal tank, that you have about 200 mile maximum crusing range, including your estimated 50 miles "reserve" (after light came on) if you had the option. Something to keep in mind if riding out in the wilderness.

I ran 10-15 miles after the light came on and still only put in 3.3 & 3.2 gals. First time I've done that kind of a highway non-stop ride. Curious what I'd get. First part was mostly 65-80 mph cruising. Coming back was similar speeds, but had to get on it & off it more working (weaving--but not crotch rocket style) through traffic. Tracy

Just a datapoint.

'09 Nightster 12xx miles, stage 1, V&H short shots.
In town fuel light nearly always comes on 70-80 miles, yet only takes 2.x gallons.

On the highway running 70 mph or so I can get 100-110 miles before the light comes on. Still only takes 2.x gallons.

Re: Low Fuel Light

If you get more than 150 out of a tank of gas,,,,,,, your NOT riding a sporty the way it should be riden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen to that!!!!! I know when the odo reads about 110-120 I had better find a station and fill er up or I'll be walkin. This is on a 04 sporty xl 883 Oh yeah by the way my fuel light does not work.

I ride an '07 1200C with 15,000 mi. and the light comes on at about 120 to 130mi. depending on the kind of riding I'm doing. It usually takes between 2.5 and 3+ gals. to refill. So it looks like I got one of the "good ones".

Sorry abut the conversion (from aus)
I have a 2009 xl883 stock
I just did 160 kms on a fresh tank (12.5 litres) and the light came on - topped up and it only took 7.5 litres so I figure I have another 5 litres left giving me another 100 kms - a bit annoying as it seems to be coming on a bit early so I am using my second tripmeter as a fuel check guage

From the day I got mine the low fuel light has come on with 2 gallons left in the tank

Back