free website stats program Low Fuel Engine Light | Harley Davidson Forums

Low Fuel Engine Light

Drew

Low Fuel Light

My low fuel light is coming on way before I'm close to being out of gas. It's coming on at about 140-150 miles after fill-up (I ride an xl883c... so 4.5 gal. tank.) When I rock the bike side to side, I can still hear a bunch of gas swishing around. And the last couple of times I've filled it up (right after the light came on), I've only needed to add about 2.8 gallons.

Anyone have this problem? Any way to calibrate it so it's more accurate (I think it's supposed to come on with less than 1 gallon of gas left)? I hate riding around with the warning light on, even though I know there's more miles to be had.

thanks
Andrew

Last edited:
I'd be interested to hear input on this too. I ride an XL883 (3.3 gallon tank) and mine comes on with about 80 miles on the tank. I have plenty of gas left at that point. When I get gas when the light comes on, it only takes about 1.5 gal, so I still have over half a tank in there. It's annoying!

is it coming on while your riding or is it coming on when you start your bike sitting on the kick stand. mines not a sporty but if I start it on the kick stand the fuel light comes on at about 130-140 because it's leaned over so far....If I stand the bike up and start it theres no light till about 180.

is it coming on while your riding or is it coming on when you start your bike sitting on the kick stand. mines not a sporty but if I start it on the kick stand the fuel light comes on at about 130-140 because it's leaned over so far....If I stand the bike up and start it theres no light till about 180.

Happens while I'm riding

I'd be interested to hear input on this too. I ride an XL883 (3.3 gallon tank) and mine comes on with about 80 miles on the tank. I have plenty of gas left at that point. When I get gas when the light comes on, it only takes about 1.5 gal, so I still have over half a tank in there. It's annoying!

My XL1200C does the exact same thing. It's annoying because I have the 4.5 gal tank and the light comes on after only 2.8 gals! On the bright side I do Have 60 miles before running dry.

anyone have any luck with this or call a dealer about it ? i have a 1200n and my light is supposed to come on at .8 gal. i have a 3.3 gallon tank but the most i have put in is about 2 gals.

Re: Low Fuel Light

If you get more than 150 out of a tank of gas,,,,,,, your NOT riding a sporty the way it should be riden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In town I get about 30mpg on the hiway I can get 54 "ride it like you stole it"

Back