free website stats program "Loud" Exhaust Experiences | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

"Loud" Exhaust Experiences

Ive got the SE2's on mine, baffles removed, stupid little sticker or whatever it was saying not for street use, also removed, lol. but my bike isnt the loudest in town by far, and cops here, well, most of them actually ride something, and they'll sit at a light and get u to rev b/c they think it sounds good, hahaha....so bring them loud pipes here, cops love em!

Just as long as they do not fill out the pink slip of "dis-Approval"...!:small3d002:

The SE II's or just SE pipes... Are these true duels? Do they perform as far as increasing performance... I'm prepping for my stage I and have everything but the pipes. Just can't decide...

I have a set of White brothers E series, they sound wonderfully throaty, with out being too "blatty" Loud as all (EDITED) when I really get on it, but just soul southing when cruising along. Unfortunately White Bro's only does dirt bike exhausts now. There is another company making similar, with the plates at the end you can add or remove.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Black V&H Sideshots (not to be confused with shortshots) these are exactly the type of pipes that the authoritys are looking to ban, I have passed cagers (maybe a bit too close...:D) and watched them jump right out of their own skin.
I would be interested to know how this new amendment will be enforced, from what I can gather here in europe the ban will come into force 01/03/2009 I have spoken to traffic police in my area and heard rumours from other bikers but still have not seen anything official in writing, this is more or less what will happen.
If you are stopped and your exhaust system exceeds more than 80dB (V&H Sideshots deliver about 110dB) you can be fined upto €1000, your bike will be impounded, you then have to send a mechanic to do whatever is necessary ie; change the pipes back to an EPA approved exhaust system, he then has to take the bike to an authorized test station to be re-tested, once issued with new paper work he must deliver the bike back to the compound, you pay your fine, you pay the mechanic, you collect your bike.
If you are stopped again for the same offence you can be fined well over €2000 and can result in permanent forfeiture...bye bye bike...:bigsmiley15:
But that's not all, rumour has it this new amendment will allow local law enforcement agencys to issue a fines without the authorities having to prove the bike exceeded the 80dB limit, this means fines can be issued to unattended parked motorcycles and towed away, what the...:34:

Crambo, you just made my heart stop for a second :small3d019:
So I had the wife do some digging, she works for the EU.
That 80db law has been on the books since 1994, when a bike goes for
inspection, the noise is checked; my indy has a special set of pipes for that,
makes any Big Twin down to 80db.. heard it once, made me sad.
When the inspection is done, of course the old pipes go back on.

Can you tell me where you found out this info that the police would start
checking for noise ?
If true, half the motorcycles and 85% of the scooters in Spain will be gone
real soon.

Link or more info........ PLEASE

I have V&H long shots, measured at 108db :), dont think they are that loud,
and I have heard much very much louder stuff.

My Bike (and exhaust):
hd1.jpg

09 FLHX with Rinehart slip ons that I was very dissapointed in so I took the baffles out and put BigCityThunder baffles in the head pipes. Not that they are much of a baffle but wow did they help with torque. So yeah my pipes are loud, and really loud when I crank on it, and I love it.
Loud pipes save lifes isn't just for cagers, just the other day my pipes scared away 3 moose at different times. I was riding in very rural (no man's land) north western Maine. When cruising at about 70 and you come around a corner and see a moose running off the side of the road because he heard you coming it makes you love those loud pipes even more! Even the gf on the back made the comment of "I'm glad he heard us coming!"
I have not been bothered by police, matter of fact I've noticed they haven't even given me a second look. Probably because when in towns, cities, or heavily populated area's I don't tend to crank on it out of respect.

The one thing about loud pipes that works against you is the dog that likes to chase.
They are well prepared and some are even hiding along the road for you to go by so they can dart out after you!
I've had a couple of close calls with BIG dogs!

I live in eastern Canada and the noise thing is starting to rear its ugly head around here also. Capital city in my province has a noise bylaw as do some others but I don't think it's being pushed too hard. I know some people who have had issues with Rineharts in Quebec.( As they say in french: rinehart no good). Seems around here too many bikes riding together seems too draw more attention from the authorities.

Back