free website stats program Looking for suggestions on 6 speed, 05FLHRp | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking for suggestions on 6 speed, 05FLHRp

Any body smart enough to figure the RPM change in that gearing on choppers post above??

1.44 stock to 1.70 , 4 tooth is a lot.

Or would it be Trial and error?

Might be fun JUST to try...:newsmile017: off the line and Gone..

signed....BUBBIE

Try Gearing Commander.com

I figured it out to be 16% lower if I calculated right. Now the motor revs 2200 rpm at 100 kph in 6th so 16% faster would be 2552 rpm or doesn't it work out that way threw the tranny? If this is right I could probably run in 6th gear at 100 kph (62 mph). Am I anywhere close?

I counted 34 teeth on the comp sprocket that's on my shelf after putting the SE compensator on. Going to a 21 tooth would gear it down too far I'd bet. Any in between, couldn't find any in the P&A book under Screaming Eagle.

I counted 34 teeth on the comp sprocket that's on my shelf after putting the SE compensator on. Going to a 21 tooth would gear it down too far I'd bet. Any in between, couldn't find any in the P&A book under Screaming Eagle.

Another guy wanting to Gear Up.. I don't think I would want to gear up even on a Light FXD(stock) bike, 5 speed.

Going a lot Higher Geared,,, It would Need a lot more power from a bigger than stock build motor to suit me.
I think first gear , regardless of the Power, would be too tall,even in an FXD with a bigger motor. (put above in incase he reads here also)

geezer,

I doubt that you would want any more than 2 tooth and 4 teeth at the most(a monster)... At 32/ 30 tooth would do a lot.... Just need to Hear from some one who has done this and Where to get the gear.. The change to lower gearing would give a good feeling on our bikes...

I Did this on one of my long ago honda 250's, At 14,000 RPM doing 50 tops, Couldn't shift fast enough nor hardly Hold on to the bike with all the power it had geared that low.
FUN tho'

signed....BUBBIE

My 07 FLHRC has 6 speed tranny. It's a very nice feature but I really can't use it much below 70mph. My suggestion, keep what you have and wait for the 6 speed on the next bike.

I would like to gear it down some so I can go slower than 11 mph with no throttle. It would make 6th gear more user friendly also.

i have a 2000 rkp at 3000 rpm iam doing 75 mph what speed are u doing can ride all day like that can cruise at 90 to if i want wouldnt consider changing a thing on mine jmo tachs are not that accurate imo to consider the change dont know bout the gearing thing had a shovel before with a 5 speed first and second are lower but 5is bout the same criusing

check this site out retiredpolicebikes.com they are very helpfull

Last edited by a moderator:
Back