free website stats program looking at new harley | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

looking at new harley

Thanks Wilks! I'm pretty proud. Its my very first "build" so to speak. All started with finding my rear tire flat in October... I did the paint myself. Did the shaving of the trim do-dads myself. The theme is to strip it of any "advertising", the added 16" Burley's. Getting Stainless cables, new rotors and pads, Arlen Ness Stage 1 Big Sucker, Bassani short turn-outs, Thundermax, and a bunch of plain jane trim to replace the advertisements. When I picked yellow, I was going for the old Panhead look.

I like the rootbeer but not the black two-tone. To bad they don't offer rootbeer in a soilid color..... and the purple limited was pretty.. but don't think I could ride a purple bike all the time... black shows too many scratches and swirls for me..............JMO

BullDog, You know some small "Von Dutch" type pinstriping would go with the old PanHead look. Just a thought..........
wilks3

Red and black, for sure, is fastest. And the tires last longer, the oil stays cleaner, the windshield never gets dirty, the seat is the most comfortable, and nothing ever works loose. And I have one!:D

Wilks3, It crossed my mind, but I really like it plain. By the way it used to be HD custom purple. Way cool for a little while then just got sick of it.

As Donnie Baker of the Bob & Tom early morning radio show would say.... All Bikes must be Black, State law.... and Donnie knows more about the color of motorcycles than anybody he knows!!!!!

I like the root beer. I see one down here on the coast from time to time. See black ones down here all the time.:D

Back