free website stats program List of repairs to your bike - what are we all in for - no mods - just repairs | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

List of repairs to your bike - what are we all in for - no mods - just repairs

2008 EG. When brand new replaced tank and outer fairing. Bad dirt in paint. Factory rep saw on day of delivery and told service to order new parts. Replaced speedo under warrty for water streak. Out of warrty MOCO covered both upper fairing brackets. Bike is like a Timex watch. Bikes has 19,500 miles on it. Best bike I have owned in 25 years.....

2008 Electra Glide Standard. 11800 miles. It has a Stage 1 and V&H slip-ons. No real problems other than possibly a broken fairing bracket causing handlebar rattle. Its nothing too serious, just annoying.

'06 Deuce 30k miles.
Steering head bearing loose. Fixed under warranty.
Rear caliper froze up, cause unknown. Replaced caliper, pads, brake line.
Fuel line inside tank sprang a leak. Replaced line.
3 headlight bulbs (always low beam)
2 turn signal bulbs.
On third set of tires (Metzlers) and second set of brake pads (Lyndall Z's).
Run/turn/brake module shorted out- no left rear signal. Replaced module.
Windshield is starting to get a hazy look to it. Probably replace it next winter.

Bike runs great, starts on 3rd rev in the dead of winter.

'04 Road King with 40k...I replaced the shifter shaft seal @ 22k...that's the only part failure I have had...I put gear drive cam's @ 27k by choice,the cam shoes still had 75% life left..I have rode like I stole it from day one..the engine has spent most of its life in the 3000/4500 rpm range than @ 2500

'03 Ultra Classic. Bought used with 7,500 hundred miles in 2008. It now has 27,000k and the only thing that I had to have done is replace the Rhinehart header pipe. When I took the bike in for a routine tire change they damaged the already cracked pipe further when they tried to remove it to get the old tire off. I had to wait three weeks last summer for the aftermarket part to come in! :(
Recently my cruise control has failed. It didn't work when I first bought the bike and they honored the warranty and fixed it but when I went to use it recently it didn't respond. That annoyed me because I hardly ever use the cruise control but when I wanted it for the open road, it failed!
All in all, I can't complain. I have the bike serviced regularly and she purrs like a kitten when I ride her. It is certainly brings me much more enjoyment than aggravation.

New tires, 07 torque smoothing download and new clutch hub with new plates ring gear went out:s

2nd owner of an 09 with just over 30k...nothing but a loose compensator tighten up......and oil changes and gas fillups and farkels....

Phil

2005 custom sportster w/ 22,500 miles and still runs like a champ with no problems as of yet. I also have a 2011 Ultra Classic w/1100 miles and it better get another 100,000 miles without breaking.....it doesn't hurt to hope....:laugh

I bought an 02 Electra Glide Ultra Classic last yaer with 17K on it. At 20K I put a big bore kit and a cam in it. I changed the cam tensioner to the hydraulic when I found the spring tensioners were shot during the install. It was a near miss. At 21K I lost the stator and regulator. At 22K I lost the speed sensor. It is now at almost 26K with no other issues.

Back