free website stats program Let's hear about the FXR's here | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Let's hear about the FXR's here

Most any of the bikes like the softail, FXR and sporties where the tank is higher than the engine will do that after sitting a while. Usually if it continues some work on the bypass valve in the oil pump is needed on most bikes.

Try some marvel mystery oil available at auto stores in the engine oil without overfilling it and that may clean out the passages and return it to normal again after running it a bit.

I am customizing my '92 FXRS and tore it all the way down the the frame. I sent the motor back to HD for the re-man and it came back looking like it just came off the showroom floor. Haven't installed it back in the frame yet to see how it runs. My question is I want to run a larger rear wheel then the 140 I had on it. What is the largest size tire I can run without doing any modifications to the rear struts? Several HD mechanics have said that I can run up to a 160 with a chain without any (major) modifications. Any suggestions, opinions, advice?

We should see RichardS showing up here real soon now! :D

Let's see how long it takes 5...4...3...2...:tounge

I hear it coming now....closer and closer.....

I hear the keyboard going :D

We should see RichardS showing up here real soon now! :D

Let's see how long it takes 5...4...3...2...:tounge

I hear it coming now....closer and closer.....

I hear the keyboard going :D

Well done, Glider!! You never miss a beat!!!

Well I was doing some routine maintenance on my fxrs lowrider the other day and I noticed a rub mark in the inside of my primary cover. I first thought compensator nut but it was tight. But the primary chain wasn't, my thoughts are the chain had about 1 1/4" of slop in it could it have hit the inside of the cover?

Could be the chain if it is in line with where the chain rides. May be time for a replacement. How much adjustment is left on the adjuster?

Hi, i have a FXRS-C 1993, question is what is the small manifold that connects the front forks, it has a valve in the end of a small hose that looks like a tyre valve.
Is this standard and if so is there a certain pressure you run
Lurchy

Back