free website stats program LeNale cooling fan vs Oil cooler | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

LeNale cooling fan vs Oil cooler

One CLAIM of failure does not point to a bad product.

It's not the supposed "one claim" and I'm sure there was more than one claim too, it's the lack of the company to make it right. Very poor customer service IMO.
If you buy a product and it catches fire, the company should be eager to replace it. The lack of a reply here by LeNale speaks volumes.

I guess LeNale ran for the hills at the thought of having to back up his claim of "customer satisfaction". Too bad.

I think it is only appropriate if we all do a "Google" search for "LeNale fan" which would bring this post up near the top in a google search for anyone that is researching the product just to "show the love":D

This way others wouldn't buy the product that nobody stands behind.

It's very interesting to see the posts and claims made by LeNale on other forums that come up in a search too.:s

Here's more input on this fan...

Lenale parade fan results - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited:
Enough all ready. You guys have made your point. Shooting a dead horse is not my idea of a forum that holds such high morals. Let's get over it and move on. How do you know he did not have a death in the family or something come up that caused him not to respond. This responce should have been done by Glider not me.

Enough all ready. You guys have made your point. Shooting a dead horse is not my idea of a forum that holds such high morals. Let's get over it and move on. How do you know he did not have a death in the family or something come up that caused him not to respond. This response should have been done by Glider not me.

Fireguy

We don't like (especially me) when anyone gets ripped off and buys a product that is defective, then to have the manufacturer state as he did above about "customer satisfaction" and does not reply to an obvious problem that one of our members had with the product. Check the other forums as I have. This is how he does business by making his blanket statement and never returning.

Maybe you don't mind wasting your money and buying a product that is defective but there are ways of exposing the manufacturers like this on the internet. If you don't care to read this thread, don't open it, very simple.

Bottom line here is we care about our members and do what we can to help them when they have a problem.

I am not defending the product by any means. I agree the manufacture should stand by his products. But you make it sound like a man hunt.

No I don't like wasting my money, duh, but we have all made purchases that have gone wrong and regret buying them.

I hope LeNale does not have a family emergency that may have caused him to not respond.

There are other issues that you should put your efforts to like helping people get jobs and getting our economy back on track. Use the internet to do some good, not go looking like a linch mob. It seems some people have alot of time on there hands. IMO

I am not defending the product by any means. I agree the manufacture should stand by his products. But you make it sound like a man hunt.

No I don't like wasting my money, duh, but we have all made purchases that have gone wrong and regret buying them.

I hope LeNale does not have a family emergency that may have caused him to not respond.

There are other issues that you should put your efforts to like helping people get jobs and getting our economy back on track. Use the internet to do some good, not go looking like a linch mob. It seems some people have alot of time on there hands. IMO

Yes I do have a lot of time on my hands.:newsmile011:
It can be used for the betterment of the members in many ways.

Let me explain this a bit further so you can understand a bit better about what is going on here being it seems you aren't aware.

I do a lot of research before taking a stand like I did here and found in the many years I have been a moderator that there are those that come on a forum and post much the same as the poster in question which is called "ADVERTISING".
They make their claims about this and that and never follow through. If you had checked as I have on the different forums, this poster posts the same thing in every instance and never comes back to confirm or deny any statements made. It's called "FREE ADVERTISING" my friend and we have had many members try it on this forum too which have been removed. They make all the right claims with the "buzz" words like "customer satisfaction" and "FREE REPLACEMENT" etc as a key point to boost business/sales but never have I seen them return to mention how they "made it right" to the person that bought the product and have never seen the results after contacting the person that bought the product.
They make the "ADVERTISEMENT" post and vanish.

If you take the time to follow through on other forums in regards to these posters , you'll see that these people usually copy and paste the same exact words on them all so they can benefit from the post.

According to the dates of the posts on other forums, I can only surmise that the poster has a lot of family emergencies.

Now I suggest you put the soap box away and get on with things.

Thanks

If you don't care to read this thread, don't open it, very simple.

Kind of like the TV, there is an "on" button and an "off" button.

I use this forum for more than casual reading and entertainment, although I enjoy both of those aspects of it very much. I depend on the opinions and references of the members and the moderators. As a novice I wouldn't be able to do half what I do to my bike without the help. I have been to other forums but they don't hold a candle to the professionalism demonstrated here.

Living in Houston, I too was looking for some additional cooling upgrades for the long summer, and clicked on this particular string because I needed to know what my brothers (and sisters) had to say about this product. I appreciate the forthrightness of their "opinions" and do consider them to be well thought out and thorough.

Just a little clarification here from a guy with a "bit" of time on my hands...the only reason Lenale posted was because it came to the top of Google, and negative press is "bad for business"...after all he did have 2 years plus to make it right. Smitty901 has always been presenting his product experiences with a fresh and very frank way on the forum....if it works he plays it up if it does not he just puts it in his box of "Bad Ideas" or makes the most of a given situation, the $200 horn cover (the better 1/2 of the Lenale) being one. No complaints, just calls 'em as he sees 'em. :)

As far as a fans perspective, 5" muffin fans start at about $15 for sleeve bearing "cheap ones"...ball bearing ones go for $35-$75...double that for "long life" ball bearing fans (just rated hours and whatever that means)...sealed ball bearing fans i.e. splash/solvent resistant ones run $150 and up...then comes rugged environment MIL-SPEC 810 rated fans $900 and up...retail. Now which one do you suppose is used in a consumer grade product for $400? Being as the cost of the fan is likely $50 or less, I tend to give customer service the nod rather than ignore the bad press...2 years + is a long time to wait don't you think? :swoon

Last edited:
i am not defending the product by any means. I agree the manufacture should stand by his products. But you make it sound like a man hunt.

No i don't like wasting my money, duh, but we have all made purchases that have gone wrong and regret buying them.

I hope lenale does not have a family emergency that may have caused him to not respond.

there are other issues that you should put your efforts to like helping people get jobs and getting our economy back on track. Use the internet to do some good, not go looking like a linch mob. It seems some people have alot of time on there hands. Imo

FIREGUY,,,,
i am a member just like you.......

I have a lot of time on my hands and the last thing i need is some one else telling me what i need to do with it....

When you insult glider you insult me and the last thing i would say is what has been said here already...... Don't read!!!!!

I for one take my free time and use it where i want and when i want...

I find the forum HDT the only one i use today.....

I have given like the MANY here ''for the love of motorcycling""

i don't get paid for my answers i post here and especially this one....

For fear of getting poofed! i had better stop here..

Signed....bubbte

Smitty has yet to contact me about the fan. I have sent him several messages and have not heard back. He can contact me through my e-bay account or this forum. I offered when he bought the fan over two years ago, three times since then, and now. It is interesting that his story changed from his initial complaint to the fire story. When he first contacted me he claimed that it did not do the job of cooling as I claimed. Then it changed to it stopped working. And later the fire story came out. Each time I offered to make it right. Still no answer from him. I would love to refund his money just to prove my reputation and publish the refund receipt on this forum. I too was a Sgt. in the service. I had my ear drums blown out in a and was given a medical discharge.

Len

Back