free website stats program LeNale cooling fan vs Oil cooler | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

LeNale cooling fan vs Oil cooler

We have offered to give a full refund if they returned the fan, but have yet to have that happen.

Obviously you didn't make it right for Smitty901 because he tried to get a replacement and was told that the fan isn't covered for "FIRE" .

I have considered purchasing a LeNale fan but would first like to hear LeNale's response to this particular case.

I guess any product can fail. I've had the Lenale fan and used it last summer at long stop lights or heavy traffic. No problems with the fan so far. It moves enough air to cook your right leg. I also added the HD oil cooler and run Mobil 1 V-twin.

It doesn't look like very good customer relations for the manufacturer to say that it isn't covered because it caught fire.

Tell us what you think.

I know he had to have seen this by now. Talk is cheap isn't it gentlemen. He doesn't get my vote at this point!

I'm another potential customer. I just purchased a new Limited. Previous 07 Ultra had stage 1; HD fan; & "No More Fried Thighs".

Looked at a friends LeNale fan. Moved a lot more air than HD's fan. But the guy who had the fan said he added an oil cooler and since, he rarely used the fan.

Limited already has an oil cooler. Stage 1 with true duals are being done before I pick it up. AND, I was going install a LeNale fan to add even more cooling. Wife doesn't care much for the heat issue...so....

I hit this topic by accident and I'm glad I did. I was days away from making a purchase. I hope others post their experiences. It will help me decide.

I too would have been a potential customer. Living and riding is Sunny Hawaii can get really hot at times. Seeing the fan and thinking that is would be a great item to have, I want one. But after reading this post, I'm gonna wait and see what happens.

Looks like LeNale isn't all about what he posted "but we have always made it right with our customers. We take pride in our country and our customers!"

He found a 10 day old post to reply to about his fan and never came back to defend his position and make it right.
Shows me a lot about customer satisfaction.

I have both a LeNale fan and a oil cooler, plus an aftermarket fan dit for the oil cooler. I ride a lot of PGR missions year around with a 110".
All of the obove do their respective jobs and keep my oil temparatures well within limits even in stop and go traffic with tempratures above 90. LeNale is the first thing I turn on.
No problems!!
One CLAIM of failure does not point to a bad product.

As I mentioned above, I have never had a problem with my LeNale in almost a year of use. A well functioning unit is not usually worth mention and it certainly doesn't have the drama of Smitty's fire.

I must say though that I am disappointed with how LeNale has apparently dealt (or rather not dealt) with Smitty and LeNale's lack of follow-up posts.

Actually I am neutral regarding the Lenale fan, only because I like the simplicity of not having one. I do design work and deal with equipment that is conduction cooled (heatsinking) and opt for alternate cooling methods that require no moving parts...because fans are INHERENTLY unreliable. You have all seen fan failures on commercial equipment...practically every PC that has been running 24/7 will develop noise in about 3 years, failure in 5 years in an office environoment.

Now consider military grade or rugged industrial grade equipment in the middle of the Arabian desert 150 deg F or 65 deg C bouncing around in the back of a HumVee in sandstorms and then rains...add routine maintenance, solvent/soapy water sprays used to clean all the equipment off. Add the application environment, such as roadside bombs exploding, machine gun fire etc., fan spinning at 3800 RPM that must be able to run 24/7 in all climates and conditions. You now know why MIL fans cost about $900 on up, EACH and why a $400 fan probably won't cut it bolted to a vibrating V-twin.

Last edited:
Back