free website stats program "Lemon Pledge" What I'am I doing wrong ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

"Lemon Pledge" What I'am I doing wrong ?

I use it sparingly on a microfiber cloth. After I wipe it to a shine I take a clean microfiber cloth and buff.

Nice and shiny.

The secret is using two rags the second to buff to a shine , the buffing rag has to be to be completely dry, works great on the chrome hardly any buffing required I also just use old t-shirts but after reading some of the posts Im gonna try the micro fiber rags just not sure where you get them at.

You guys (including Glider) have it all wrong...

...you should use the "Orange" scented Pledge.

and yes, sparingly with two soft rags. You have to have the wipe off rag somewhat dry or it does streak. Once you figure it out, you'll be hooked. I made a convert of a buddy of mine and he brought a can to the Laughlin river run. At every stop, he was pledging everyone in our groups windshields to get the bugs off. He tried all of the 'spensive sprays. He's a Pledge convert. Although he uses the darned lemon one too.

If you have a local flea market you can find good deals on the micro rags, you can machine wash them and use them over again,My mother in law worked at 3 M and gave me a sample one before they ever were released to the public, I think I still have it

I too said NO WAY...... now Im a convert as well,, good information here, just a little with the micro-fiber cloths.

I always use an airhose to blow off my bike after washing to get rid of the water that hides in the crevises, otherwise sure enough it will find its way out after you have just polished or as your polishing. The key to using Pledge (as everyone has stated) is use sparingly and on a dry surface!

RSQCAL; ooohh - easy w/the air hose on your scoot. All it takes is one little chip in any painted surface to take off a large chunk. Best to use a bike dryer, or let it dry good overnight. Believe me, from experience, air compressors aren't recommended for drying your bike.

The secret is using two rags the second to buff to a shine , the buffing rag has to be to be completely dry, works great on the chrome hardly any buffing required I also just use old t-shirts but after reading some of the posts Im gonna try the micro fiber rags just not sure where you get them at.

Harbor Freight, Rite Aid, CVS, Shoprite, etc etc.

Back