free website stats program "Lemon Pledge" What I'am I doing wrong ? | Harley Davidson Forums

"Lemon Pledge" What I'am I doing wrong ?

lakeforktx

I have read the post about useing Lemon Pledge for making your bike shine, I used it not the off brand, and it didn't look so good? had clean terry cloth towel, in the shade ,not direct sun. Almost looked like an oily flim left on my bike? I must be doing something wrong,so I buffed and buffed and it looked ok ,for a little while. Then it looked streaked and lets just say not so good in the sun?

I have read the post about useing Lemon Pledge for making your bike shine, I used it not the off brand, and it didn't look so good? had clean terry cloth towel, in the shade ,not direct sun. Almost looked like an oily flim left on my bike? I must be doing something wrong,so I buffed and buffed and it looked ok ,for a little while. Then it looked streaked and lets just say not so good in the sun?

You are likely using too much. First, clean your scooter. Then spray a mist of pledge on the micro fiber cloth and wipe down. It takes VERY little. Remember... it is a detailer not a cleaner. 1000's of users, including me, can't be wrong. Hope this helps. :)

I must admit ,I'am a member of the if a little bit is good ,a lot must be better. I might be useing WAY to much then?

a couple of weeks ago i told a cousin about using pledge. i saw him yesterday, he went on to say that he had tried it, but he also had an issue with the streaking and taking forever to get it wiped down.

i had told him how to do it, but he didn't pay attention to my instructions and instead sprayed it on his bike.

It must be used sparingly and very importantly DRY! Remember about how water will accumulate under and around edges, attachments, emblems etc. and wick out as you wipe. Dry clean micro fiber+ dry clean bike+ Pledge= perty:)

I to was skeptical at one time, I tried it like 3 times and it just didn't work, then and here is the key, Micro Fiber cloth!!! Tee shirts don't work, or any other kind of cloth that I found, Micro Fiber cloth they are the secret that I have found, but yes just spray a very little on the paint, chrome and windshield. That baby will shine like nothing else, boom now you are ready for the show.

I've used it for awhile now and found that if it's real cool out it's harder to shine w/o streaks if you spray it on the paint. Like stated above spraying it on the rag and wiping it on works better. I use two rags one for applying and one for shinning.

I must admit ,I'am a member of the if a little bit is good ,a lot must be better. I might be useing WAY to much then?

You are using too much Pledge. Just a light mist on the area , then wipe it off. I use old T shirts, they work well.

I always use an airhose to blow off my bike after washing to get rid of the water that hides in the crevises, otherwise sure enough it will find its way out after you have just polished or as your polishing. The key to using Pledge (as everyone has stated) is use sparingly and on a dry surface!

Back