free website stats program Leather Care Products | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Leather Care Products

regarding using mink oil.... it is good for weather proofing and conditioning, but DO NOT use it to treat your leathers and storing them away for the winter time hoping to pull them out in the spring and thinking they will be fine... mink oil is exactly that, mink oil, it is a fat and will go bad and get moldy , at which time your leathers will turn a different color and could start to disintegrate

I use "Bick's #4" on my leather jackets and chaps. A small bottle of this came with my boots I bought in Texas and it is a great product for protecting and softening leather.

For a top coat, my vinyl, plastic and leather items that bake in the sun, I use "Aerospace 303 Protectant". A little goes a long way. It is basically a UV blocker, like sunblock for your skin.

Bick 4 Leather Conditioner, Bickmore Leather Care Products

303 Products - Aerospace Protectant, High Tech Fabric Guard -  World's Leading Automotive Care Products

I use leather care products on the leather but Pledge on everything else but the tires.

I use a "Pledge" type furniture product on my windshield. Excellent replacement for an alternate windshield polish and it works great. Actually will cover up minor hairline scratches on the windshield. Also great for a quickie "wax-like" polish for the painted surfaces too. Been using it for years. Try it.

I really like this "Mothers" Product, works GREAT !!!

Mothers Reflections Advanced Leather Care :)

Attachments

• mothers leather.jpg
    mothers leather.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 13
Re: RE-did the Saddlebags

For what its worth I redyed the bags on my roadking with pretty good results. See photo, before and after. I used Fiebings Black (not the USMC black) Oil Dye and Fiebings Aussie conditioner afterwards.

I recently bought the bike and the bags were way faded and hard as granite. I did not use the USMC black because I was worried it would be too severe. My Seat is a stock Harley, kinda satin (light black?), so I hoped to match the seat as closely as possible. It was easy to do, 4oz of die needed for each bag.

I did not have to clean, deglaze or do any of that stuff, just layed in on and buffed the excess off. Hey those Ironbags pictured are $1200 new (gulp!), and I hated them looking all worn out.

Attachments

• bags 0022.jpg
    bags 0022.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 38
Back