free website stats program Lack of Power | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lack of Power

Try some seafoam in the gas just for grins and giggles:)

I would go back to the dealer that did the work and talk to them about the problem explaining it wasn't right when you got it back.

Yea did that. Cost me two new injectors. Don't really want to give him any more business or a chance to do any more damage!!!

Trying to diagnose a loss of power after a dealer has worked on the bike is a very difficult thing to do. It could be related to something they did during the repair and we could guess all day and not come up with the answer.

Thanks Glider,

Just looking for options as to waht it could be. Having nightmares about the belt having possibly done damage to the crank for some reason.

Cheers,

Willie

When some of these dealers work on a bike, any number of things could be the problem. It may be something they buggered up while doing the job.

Trying to diagnose a loss of power after a dealer has worked on the bike is a very difficult thing to do. It could be related to something they did during the repair and we could guess all day and not come up with the answer.

Boy this is a tough one... The belt replaced and then the lack of power, New injectors because dealer said they were bad?

I Know glider is right.

But the only other I can think of;

If you were to test the pressure of the fuel pump , that is all i can give you.

We have had a rash of problems on some FI bikes with the tube in the tank rubbing a small hole in it and causing a Under Pressured fuel system... Lack of power about mid range is a major symptom!!!

signed....BUBBIE

Let us know if you find the problem....

Back