free website stats program Lack of Power | Harley Davidson Forums

Lack of Power

Willie66

Contributor
I have been reading this forum for the last six months and have to thank you guys for a lot of info. This is the first time I have posted so here goes.

I have a 2003 Ultra with 38000 mls, S&S 510 GDC & TMAT but seem to have lost power suddenly. Idles ok but lacks acceleration as it did. When I hit 55-60 mph noticable that the engine is struggling. Tested compression, leads, plugs. Reset adjustable rods...no change. Front cylinder plug a bit black with carbon and front exhaust covered inside with the stuff. Rear cylinder seems fine. Even took TMAT off and went back to HD ECM but the same result just slightly worse. Had the dealer check and he said it was the injectors so had them replaced but no change, still the same. I suspected the coils but he said the coils and HT leads were normal.
That said he is not a good dealer but is close and I though he could at least diagnose the problem.

So what's going on??? Would appreciate your thoughts or comments.

Willie

Sounds like its rich, find a new dealer and pay to have them scan it might be money well spent:)

Did they do a leak down test is it using a lot of oil?

They did a compression test and said it was perfect. No it does'nt use a lot of oil either. I thought it had to be electrical since it happened overnight so i'm totally bewildered???

I would try a new dealer or Indy and have them scan it JMO Good Luck

Back