free website stats program Just rolled over 25K on the 96" engine... | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Just rolled over 25K on the 96" engine...

Congrats on 25K. I am almost at 53,500 on my 08 Ultra. No, I repeat no major problems. New front wheel bearings @ 27K(check them) and on my 6th back tire, 3rd front. I didn't get to many negative comments from friends, mostly just "Wow nice bike". Then I tell them the mileage and they can't beleive it.
I can attest to this because I work with BigMike and he rides. I mean he rides! In al kinds of weather when all of us at the plant have our bikes still in storage Mike's bike is the only bike out there in the parking lot! Some folks say he's crazy but others say he just likes to ride!

Condrat's on the 25K mark. Gad to see the bike is getting around. 08 FLTR here and it has a 103" kit put in at 5K and no problems yet, the bike don't leak or burn oil. Had a few minor issues and the rear wheel bearing went out at 16K.

You are an inspiration to those of us that have crested the 60+ mark.
I purchased my 7th Harley this year at 64 and after open heart surgery last year. I feel great and as long as I do, I plan to keep twisting the throttle. Thank you for your supporting words.

JimmyDee
Keep the Lord in your heart and the young feeling in your mind. Ride forever my friend

Great post. We worry to much about the possibility of problems. I just start it up and believe that I am on one of the great bikes that the MoCo makes and smile until I come back to the garage. I guess anything can happen but the odds are that it won't. At 65 I ride and enjoy rather than park and worry.

Back