free website stats program Just rolled over 25K on the 96" engine... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Just rolled over 25K on the 96" engine...

Where are you guys going that you have people saying anything negative about Harley, or your bikes? Are these strangers or friends making these comments? I've had a few Hondas in the past and my Road King is my first Harley. I've never had anyone ever say anything negative to me about this bike or anything I rode in the past.

Great report, Mav! I ran my 02 Sporty for 7 yrs w/ zero issues. I love my 09 RG and only issue was some fretting w/ connectors on my TBW throwing codes. Once the dealer fixed it (replaced some pins), no issues at all. No other problems I can report of. Only problem I have is spending money on it as there are so many vendors out there that make/sell products for the bikes, it is crazy.

Enjoy!

Glad to hear that some body else rides as much as I. When I retired I bought my first Harley and told the wife, we just made the biggest mistake of our life or we are going to have a ball. After four GW which I put over 100k on each and a couple of cruiser type bikes. I thought we should try a Harley. Well today we have over 31K on our 2010 Ultra Classic (not to bad for an old phart) and we are having a ball. Not sorry at all. You only get one shot at life live it to the max and have a ball doing what you like.

You are an inspiration to those of us that have crested the 60+ mark.
I purchased my 7th Harley this year at 64 and after open heart surgery last year. I feel great and as long as I do, I plan to keep twisting the throttle. Thank you for your supporting words.

Congrats on 25K. I am almost at 53,500 on my 08 Ultra. No, I repeat no major problems. New front wheel bearings @ 27K(check them) and on my 6th back tire, 3rd front. I didn't get to many negative comments from friends, mostly just "Wow nice bike". Then I tell them the mileage and they can't beleive it.

What a great well written post,, I can convey with so much of what you have said, and yes I too have received trash talk form my friends who ride Wings, and I too have been a little down thinking what did I buy,, am I going to have all these troubles some have talked about.. But Ive learned,,, ride ,,, dont worry about it. The bike, my wife, and I are just doing fine.. Ride Safe

got 56 k on 04 rd king put in gear drive cams just to get rid of chains. First harley was worried u hear so many stories hav had NO PROBLEMS love it even more now than when it was new . just ride and enjoy

Nice post I am honored to have helped now get out there and put some more miles on and have a good time, Remember we are all just a key board away from getting help and helping others that is why we are here:s

I am also proud to say that my electra glide has gone over the 25K barrier with
no malfunctions. I hope with the proper care it will last a great many more miles.

Congratulations!!!!

I know the feeling, I just turned 50K on my RG. Have had absolutely know problems with the engine. Everything I have had trouble with has been accident related and residual from that incident.

Here's to many more trouble free miles.

Back