free website stats program Just for curiousity. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Just for curiousity.

I'm 57 years old and I made it until 10:00 but that was after 4 gin & tonics and 5 Bush lights . I can stay up past midnight if there are a bunch of people around but when it's just me and the wife at home the eyes can get pretty heavy the later it gets , during normal work week we are in bed by 9:00 . I get up every morning except week ends at 4:30 am so by the week end I'm getting tired and keep in mind during duck season it's evey morning at 4:30 for 8 weeks straight and a heck of a lot more beer and gin .

I have intentionally gone to bed at 11:50 on New Year's Eve for the last 11 years now (it's a long story).

Now hold on there. :) You have deliberately gone to bed ten minutes before midnight for the last eleven years? What in the heck triggered that tradition? Can you give us the condensed story? :majesty

Just another day... Wish I could have gone to bed earlier but made it till 2 am, really good people I was with and was a awesome time...:D:D

I made it to 10:30. Wife and 3 grandchildren stayed up to welcome in New Year.
I am not overly excited about New Year's any more. Old and boring I guess.
Tom

Watched the celebration at Niagra Falls, Ontario on TV so I rung it in 2 hrs early. Hit the sack by 11 trying to get my body off night shift. Had a couple different family gatherings to get to on New Years Day.

You know you're getting old when it takes 7 days to try to get the body back into a dayshift mode after only working 4 12hr nights.:p

I get the impression from reading this forum that a great many of our members are getting up there in age so I got to thinking.

First of all, we are not "getting up there in age".
We are chronologically enhanced.

Second, my wife starts work at 5:30 AM. Granted, she works at home but she does have to walk 60 feet to her office.
I usually pry my big old behind out of bed shortly thereafter so we are in bed by at least 9 PM and usually around 8.

New Years was no different. 8 PM go to bed and read.
8:15 PM read some more and listen to her snore.
8:30 the pooches figure out mommy is asleep so they all sneak up and cuddle up to me.

Life is good.:D

Now hold on there. :) You have deliberately gone to bed ten minutes before midnight for the last eleven years? What in the heck triggered that tradition? Can you give us the condensed story? :majesty

Yes, went to a NYE party at a friend's house one year, and for reasons she still won't fully reveal, she kicked us all out at 11:50! Instead of being upset like everyone else, I found the whole thing rather amusing so, in her honor, I have gone to bed at 11:50 every NYE since. We are great friends to this day, but she still won't say exactly what happened to cause our expulsion.

Yes, went to a NYE party at a friend's house one year, and for reasons she still won't fully reveal, she kicked us all out at 11:50! Instead of being upset like everyone else, I found the whole thing rather amusing so, in her honor, I have gone to bed at 11:50 every NYE since. We are great friends to this day, but she still won't say exactly what happened to cause our expulsion.
Thanks Masher. Now we have some sort of closure! Perhaps one day she'll fess up, or maybe it's best to let sleeping dogs lie and not know! :s

Well I watched the ball drop...Pacific Standard Time here...and was just reminded that it would have been just as well to just watch "Criminal Minds" or some other suspense-thriller...but since it WAS a holiday for me on Monday did it "this" time. Ho Hum...another calender to put into recycle bin...:newsmile058:

Back