free website stats program Just bought a new helmet | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Just bought a new helmet

A helmet is something that you hope you never need, but in the event that you do you always wish you had a better one. It's a trade off between comfort and protection. If your a firearm guy you could compare it to carrying a gun. It's easy to carry a little pocket pistol but if you get into a firefight the more gun you have the better. Same thing with helmets. For me personally I switch between the half and a full face modular. I will never ride without at least the half helmet even if I'm in a state that doesn't require it.

A helmet is something that you hope you never need, but in the event that you do you always wish you had a better one. It's a trade off between comfort and protection. If your a firearm guy you could compare it to carrying a gun. It's easy to carry a little pocket pistol but if you get into a firefight the more gun you have the better. Same thing with helmets. For me personally I switch between the half and a full face modular. I will never ride without at least the half helmet even if I'm in a state that doesn't require it.

Very "GOOD" point!!!!!

I have had the misfortune of road testing my 1/2 helmet and other than letting that car run the red light and hit my girlfriend and I, our helmets did fine. Ihave ridden with a 3/4 helmet and has been stated, I liked the increased visibility that the 1/2 offers. I have always said that I would wear a helmet no matter what state I was in and since our accident it makes it an even more obvious no brainer. I hate seeing my friends (or anyone) riding with a skull cap, beanie, novelty helmet, especially since my accident but I'm not here to preach and everyone is old enough to decide for themselves. I know that a 1/2 helmet offers only so much protection too so it'd be a bit hypocritical for me to try to tell someone else they need to wear what I wear.

Back