free website stats program Jack asked? about the Canadians? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Jack asked? about the Canadians?

If that is the worst mishap on a long trip stuff has gone well
My battery went dead when in Belgium last summer got a girl who spoke good English at the hotel we were in to call nearest HD dealer and a battery was put aside for me I took the wife's bike about 60 miles each way got the battery fitted and bike started we had 5 hours to cover the 200 miles to the ferry filling the tank is a pest in Belgium as you have to pay for the fuel before you get to fill up and its a wee bit confusing for me as I don't speak French or Flemish

Brian

Brian,
all easy-peasy here on our trip... geezer had a US Credit Card that Still gave him GRIEF as the Zip-code in Manitoba Canada IS different using letter n numbers... WE in the US only use Numbers... (Instantly rejected upon inserting the Zip at the Pump)
He still had to go inside and Jump Through HOOPS to get any credit done... He would sometimes ask me? How many gallons do we need... Easy figuring for me... and doubling for his bikes... Then he'd come closer on the $$$ needed...

Language could be a problem for sure........ WAS Here TOO.....HE ONLY Spoke CANADIAN not English... Eh....

Ya, lol, them CANUCKS.....

signed....BUBBIE

My cards seem to cross the borders easily enough and work ok in Belgium Holland and Germany although there is a wee charge and premium price for the exchange rate for euro to gbp it works but I do tend to carry enough cash money for most things but never enough cash to visit a Harley Dealer as they are much more expensive here than they are your side of the pond
It was only my third time inside an HD dealer and it was a very expensive battery I think it was 220 euro that works out at 246 USD

Brian

Brian,

I think you are correct about HD being EXPENSIVE.... geezers HD replacement battery was about 140$ish US and it was Heavy, filled with Lead...

signed....BUBBIE

My battery also an HD replacement so must be expensive to ship across the pond or as HD are seen as a luxury item got to charge an appropriate price

Brian

I bought a Deca for about 1/2 of the HD replacement cost (about 68/78 $)... Pro's and Con's about them (Deca) listening here and on the other forums...
Deca made HD's battery for years though... Don't know "IF" they still do?

Making a Good Long Lasting Battery is not good for Replacement Business... lol...

I had a Gel type HD battery that came in my '97 FXDS Evo (I bought new)... Lasted over 6 years... 3 for me and longer than 3 for the person I sold that bike to.

signed....BUBBIE

My battery also an HD replacement so must be expensive to ship across the pond or as HD are seen as a luxury item got to charge an appropriate price

Brian
So I guess HD stands for $200.00 in your neck of the woods......

Back