free website stats program Jack asked? about the Canadians? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Jack asked? about the Canadians?

Dang Jeff, you do understand that it's April 17th right?
We had some white fluffy rain fri and sat but ground temp too warm for it to lay for too long but we can have it right up to the end of may just depends on how the weather systems behave

Brian

Once we went to Arizona in May. Left Phoenix and 95 degrees. By the time we got to Flagstaff, coats on heater used in car and scraped ice off window next morning. I could not believe the change in temp. Later in the week back at Phoenix it was 105 and it was only May..........:eek:

Once we went to Arizona in May. Left Phoenix and 95 degrees. By the time we got to Flagstaff, coats on heater used in car and scraped ice off window next morning. I could not believe the change in temp. Later in the week back at Phoenix it was 105 and it was only May..........:eek:

Sounds just like a trip I made from Flagstaff to Phoenix, lots of snow in Flagstaff and swimming weather in Phoenix, I think the elevation change had a lot to do with it.

Another ride with the Canucks in tow : My wife and I on my 09 King, along with Ron n Kim on their 09 Softails, headed 85 miles west to Sahuarita, AZ... A good staring point for a wonderful ride thru the mountains up n over to Sonoita then right to Patagonia... All two lane Harley roads with Nice views all along the way...

The Road Runner Deli Chevron station, located At Sahuarita, is west from geezers n Kim's Arizona, Lightly lived in apartment...

85 miles getting there and topping up with 91 octane Chevron that would last thru the rest of the planned ride. We also took on Food at the Deli in the forum of Fresh made grilled sandwiches n fries... Yummmmm

All was going Just about AB Normal... We mounted our Steeds and guess what ? Kims 09 Softail would not Start... Got her there Just Fine but Not a PEEP from it...

Of course geez and I being the HOT HDTimeline mechanics Knew right off what the problem was... BATTERY... So Ron took off the seat n me looking-on with my hands in my pockets...
I asked IF he was going to Jump the bike to see IF it would run.... Yes, he thought to, but NO Jumpers...

I went into the station and Bought (WITH geezers US 20ies) a set of Bike Jumper cables. Nice long soft copper wire ones Made Just for Bikes ...Lot of motorcycles travel this way n the station does Cater to them...

We found a lady in a car that had time to Jump us... But still No Start...

geezer Knowing this in ADVANCE and NOT saying a Word until THEN....
Ron with lowered head, squeaked out :
It needs a New Battery.... Kim said "Ron, you just put a new one in before the trip"....

Now LISTEN to this...
geezer Fessing-up saying: Yes, I bought you a new battery right before the trip... I was checking the one out in MY 09 softail... It checked good and I Thought I'll just put MY GOOD Old one in YOUR bike and the new one in Mine... Kim rides Way Less than I do...

YEP he knew right off what the problem was.... HIS OLD Battery had Shorted out.

The Closest HD Retailer was 85 miles away... So Kim rode You Know... On the back of Ron's bike with him...
HD was a little way beyond the planned ride, so not too much deviation needed...
Calling ahead, Sierra Vista HD had a new one fully charged up when we got there.

Kim said she liked the ride To HD and Back to the Deli where we left her bike... geezer put that NEW battery into Kim's Bike. Started Right up... ALL were SMILES...

I asked Ron, "Hey, Aren't you going to put that new battery in YOUR bike?..."

IF Daggers could have been tossed from Kim's Eyes, we would Both be dead...

So another Happy Ride and Ending Peacefully I might add. Kim is a Great Gal... and her bike has the NEW Battery....

geezer's story Might Vary slightly but Not Much Eh....... LOL...

signed....BUBBIE

To be a fly on the wall that night. Wonder how long it will take Geezer to get out of the hole he dug for himself on this one..........:oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's when thinking on your feet comes into play. If it were me my response would have been,
honey the new battery I put in your bike must have been defective, :eek: let me get you a new one.

And we all lived happily ever after. :)

She had cooled off by the time we got home that night. Probably because her new battery was bought with MY credit card. :eek:

I was debating about putting a new battery in Kim's bike before we left but thought she'd be alright with the my old one because it HAD checked out fine. I guess 7 plus years out of a battery was really pushing my luck. :confused:

BUBBIE just HAS to tell the story to make me look bad, doesn't he? But he writes very well for an old geezer. :D:D

What would a good ride be without a little adventure? I'm sure they could have done without the extra expense or the daggers, but it did make a good tale, and yes 7 years on a battery is pretty good life. I can't wait for the next installment.

Back