free website stats program is this normal? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

is this normal?

Unless he's got some aftermarket part there is no tach on this bike.

I actually do have a tach and going 60mph in 5th gear I was right at 3000rpm.
WAP.gif

I actually do have a tach and going 60mph in 5th gear I was right at 3000rpm.
WAP.gif

Ok.
Are you still using the factory ignition and spark advance curve maps as they came from the factory? And as long as you have good compression, that does make it look like a rich carb.

Which SS are you using? Would you know?

Ok I'm not sure about any of the ignition settings but the carb is a super e. The fuel capcity is 4.2gal and I pulled the plugs (which are less than three months old) and compared them to the chart and they look perfect.
WAP.gif

The fuel capcity is 4.2gal
WAP.gif

Well now you could be in the mid 30's. Your going to need a baseline number to do the comparisons after any changes so I would do the math on your next two fill ups.
There are a few simple things you can do the Super E to pop out a few more MPG.

Since you don't have a way to sniff the exhaust, you would not want to experiment too deep with the A/F ratio. Just wondering, what MPG number would you be happy with?

Well as of my last two fill ups I am hovering right around 30mpg. I would like to he closer to 40s if possible. A big part of me getting a bike was convincing my wife how much money we would save on gas going to and from work. At 30mpg its neck and neck with her Toyota. Not making my argument too easy.
WAP.gif

Your engine upgrades are partly the reasons for the lower MPG and also could be the way it's ridden too.

Back