free website stats program Is there anyone that has NOT had problems with their Harley! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Is there anyone that has NOT had problems with their Harley!

This ain't my only bike. I have owned a Harley before this one when AMF was making them. Now you want to talk about problems:(. Since I have had at least 7, and my last one was a 2004 VTX 1300 Retro. Put 46k on it. Now I have a 2005 EGC Stock. I have not has any major problems with it. Come to think of it. I have had no problems with it at all. Other than it runs a little rough on the lower RPMS, but runs like a dream at the higher RPMs. I don't think it is nothing a TFI or SERT would not cure. I just filled the tank this afternoon, and getting 45 miles to a gallon. Must be running ok.

You will have problems with all bikes. Go to other Forum and you will pretty much find problems with all of them, but it depends who one that forum can help you with your problem. Now that is where this forum shines. Right GLIDER?
:small3d018:

Last edited:
I've had my 2004 RKCustom for 9 months now and have had no problems yet except normal tire wear, It had 2400 miles when I bought it and has 9600 miles now. I do get the face cramps that Dr. Dolittle was talking about.

Kevin

I've had my 2004 RKCustom for 9 months now and have had no problems yet except normal tire wear, It had 2400 miles when I bought it and has 9600 miles now. I do get the face cramps that Dr. Dolittle was talking about.

Kevin

Trust me, no known cure either other than stop riding!

Just Put 1,200 Miles This Weekend On My '07 Egc, And After 18,000+ Miles, (and Doing The Services And Maintenence Myself) I've Had No Problems With It Other Than Having To Clean The Bugs Outta My Teeth Cause I'm Smilin So Much:d

I've been very satisfied so far with both my bike and my dealership. First chink in the armor is this recall for the fuel filter. Agree it does run hot and I did put in syn oil, race tuner and high flow air filter plus heat deflectors. All help, but since we sit on a mean, hot , powerful engine, we live with it.

I've not had any signicant problems with my bike or the dealer but, I've only got 2500 miles on it so far. The only real problem I seem to have is it takes a lot of effort to get the bike to turn in when I get to work. I just wants to keep on going. She's a real temptress!

No issues at all and my dealer has been GREAT!

But like AZBill, I have the same issue, mine hates to turn right to the warehouse? Is yours a left or right issue AZBill?:D

Mines a 03 Superglide with 16000 wheel burnin and wheelying along with normal riding miles in it. The only wrenching I have done is to change the mufflers and carb backing plate, added a K&N filter and rejetted it, shorter rear shocks and a solo seat. I maintain it and run Amsoil. Forgot to add that I have replaced front and back tires because worn out and the brake pads front and rear as well.

Last edited:
I really feel the whole premise of the question isn't fair . you are on a Harley forum where the exchange of ideas and solutions to problems is the whole point . While lots of people come here to praise the good name of Harley Davidson more come here to get the answers to their problems from people who know what they are talking about like Glider , Doc , and Fisher.. so you are going to see many more problems stated than praises. Rest assured that you have bought the best name in motorcycles in the world .....bar none.

Ride it and enjoy Bro

Back