free website stats program Is there anyone that has NOT had problems with their Harley! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Is there anyone that has NOT had problems with their Harley!

I have been in bikes for about 47 years and have owned a lot of brands. Not one of those brands didn't I have a problem with. The Gold Wing I owned had to have the water and oil pumps replaced and the rocker arms realigned. No matter what I owned I always have come back to Harley. As Bob Bitchin said, "Once you own one of the big monsters and loved it It makes you queer for them." Fossil

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a few bikes, this being my first HD. Problems with each, but thankfully nothing major.

As far as dealers, I've had a few bad and a few good. Best thing is, it costs nothing to find another dealer if you don't like the service you get.:p

Mine was parked for 10 years. Thats the cause of about 95% of my problems. The others are my own doing (maintenance stuff). :D

Look on the bright side, if it were the older ones, you'd have drag a magnet behind you!

I've never had any issues with any metric bike I've owned, could have been Because I probably didn't own them long enough! My Quad on the other hand, I think Suzuki must have the (edit) trannys on the planet!

Last edited by a moderator:
Never any problems to speak of that are out of the ordinary for anything mechanical. I own 4 HD's and they have all been great. I owned many of the "others" and will never go back..........

Anyplace like this on the internet is full of questions/complaints......who gets on just to post good stuff? It's usually questions or concerns regarldless of the subject matter....

No major problems with mine either knock on wood. I have put almost 7K miles on mine in 2 months. I average about 800 miles a week on mine and love it.

I have 1977 iron head sporty.. No problems after I rebuilt it from front to back.. Original problems were from enjoying to much partying & riding.. Just bought a 2007 fxdwg Havn't had any problems yet. 6000 mile so far.....

I have over 46,000 miles on mine....I honestly believe most problems with Harleys is coz we are never satisfied with factory...lol Am I right?...We want it bigger...badder..and faster...Me not being the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to Harley engines..or any engine for that matter..I was a commercial HVAC tech. so I know the mechanics of heating and cooling technology. So in my 46,000 miles I've never sat on the side of a highway because of my Road King... except to keep a few folks company until help arrived....BTW neither were Harleys...Did help out a fellow that ran out of gas...that was a Harley. I am very lucky as well because the Dealers I deal with are good honest folks ...I had a Big Bore kit installed..they over torqued and crack the throttle body....did not cause a problem...but was found on a check up before we went on a 4500 mile trip. They replace it without question...they were some what sure it was their fault. I at that time also ask them to check the cam chain tensioners..they found them excessively wore and replace them on my 7 year warranty.Was at 36,000 miles at that time. I now do my own maintenance with the help of this forum and "Fix My Hog " videos.Do it just to save a few bucks. If something major come up I will take it to the dealer. BTW the dealers I do deal with are all pretty great folks. I never have been to the dealer I bought the bike ..only coz its too far...lol I have three with in 25 miles of me.Of course I didn't know where the dealers were when I was looking. I bought it at a dealer about 60 miles away...Knew nothing about Harleys when I bought mine ..and I've leaned a lot. The Dealer I bought the bike is also a good one ...You run a Hot rod down a track..soon as the run finished the engine is rebuilt....you run a Chevy down a highway (factory)..its gonna go a long way with out problems...Sooo most problems is we want our Harley to be a Hot Rod...and not stock...JMHO!

I have over 46,000 miles on mine....I honestly believe most problems with Harleys is coz we are never satisfied with factory...lol Am I right?...We want it bigger...badder..and faster...Me not being the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to Harley engines..or any engine for that matter..I was a commercial HVAC tech. so I know the mechanics of heating and cooling technology. So in my 46,000 miles I've never sat on the side of a highway because of my Road King... except to keep a few folks company until help arrived....BTW neither were Harleys...Did help out a fellow that ran out of gas...that was a Harley. I am very lucky as well because the Dealers I deal with are good honest folks ...I had a Big Bore kit installed..they over torqued and crack the throttle body....did not cause a problem...but was found on a check up before we went on a 4500 mile trip. They replace it without question...they were some what sure it was their fault. I at that time also ask them to check the cam chain tensioners..they found them excessively wore and replace them on my 7 year warranty.Was at 36,000 miles at that time. I now do my own maintenance with the help of this forum and "Fix My Hog " videos.Do it just to save a few bucks. If something major come up I will take it to the dealer. BTW the dealers I do deal with are all pretty great folks. I never have been to the dealer I bought the bike ..only coz its too far...lol I have three with in 25 miles of me.Of course I didn't know where the dealers were when I was looking. I bought it at a dealer about 60 miles away...Knew nothing about Harleys when I bought mine ..and I've leaned a lot. The Dealer I bought the bike is also a good one ...You run a Hot rod down a track..soon as the run finished the engine is rebuilt....you run a Chevy down a highway (factory)..its gonna go a long way with out problems...Sooo most problems is we want our Harley to be a Hot Rod...and not stock...JMHO!

I'm leaving my engine/intake/exhaust bone stock for now so I hope your philosophy is 100% correct! Might start messing with things when the warranty expires. We'll see.

Back